Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
About plastic toys,

If one of your friends has had a baby, you do not need to buy them plastic toys. They probably have a lot of them already. Most parents do not need additional toys, and for that matter, they probably have enough baby clothes for the first six months. These are items of more use:
- Baby clothes at larger sizes, they won't have as many after the first six months.
- Gift certificates for day passes at the kids' museums, the zoos, etc.
- Gift certificates for the parents to take a day off. E.g. Get the mother a few hours at the spa.

Very few kids need more toys.

I was at my nephew's friend's birthday recently, and I was grossed out. They invited the entire class, and it was expected that every guest bring a toy, a card, and that it be boxed and packaged. Such waste. They do not need twenty additional hot wheels, in fact even if we ignore the environment, it will do them more harm than good. Kids are better off with a small number of good toys, that they can subsequently focus on.
This is true.

My parents are somewhat in the "upper echelon" of the middle class and they spend so much on my nieces birthday, even at 1 year old. Its disgusting.

Reactions: DAChampion

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I finally decided to take the bull by its horns and attack the chin-ups/pullups as I never did before. Focusing on progression on a weekly basis, going from 5 sets of 5, 5 sets of 3 and 5-3-1-1-1 on a weekly basis. I really want to get to the point where I can do reps with a 45 between the legs. Right now I can roughly do sets of 5 with a 25 pounds added. My lats are lagging a ton and I suspect it's holding me back on many major lifts. Mainly OHP and Bench.

I'm also giving more energy to the triceps as the lockouts on my OHP is weak as crap. I can barely pin press more than I lift on standing OHP. Which tells a lot about how the bottom of my movement is strong, and the top of my movement is weak as f***.

I incorporated Close Grip Bench Press on my pump day and instead of doing OHP, I'm doing push-presses to get past the sticking point and work on the top of the movement and get used to heavier weights. Doing heavy chest dips also on Bench day, which still puts a lot of pressure on the triceps.

These f***ers will either adapt or die.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What was the biggest struggled throughout for you? And any loose skin come from this?

No loose skin.

Struggles include needing to spend money on new clothes, managing plateaus, not overdoing cardio as that leads to injuries, and moving on from the obsession once I was good.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Also traveling is hard when cutting. Food is an important part of travel which I accept. However, airport/airplane food is particularly rough, and switching time zones is bad for metabolism.

Some hotels claim to have gyms, but then it turns out that their gyms are packed, have broken equipment, etc.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Great battle between Richardson and Nakonechny at the IPF European Championships. Same total, Richardson wins based on bodyweight.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad