Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Years ago, I tried to supplement with Peruvian maca powder, and I could not because it tasted awful. I'm normally not a picky eater, but I found maca powder particularly disgusting.

So I just ordered some capsules. It's $30 with shipping for ~200 capsules, I'll probably take 3 or 4 a day:
Maca Capsules | Maca Root Pills | Maca Supplement | The Maca Team
Agreed. Maca powder is particularly disgusting. Made the mistake of buying it into powder, I couldn't finish it. I stuck with it for couple weeks thinking I'll get used to the taste, and I did, but getting used to it did not make it any less disgusting. Threw it out and got me some pills.

Reactions: DAChampion

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
any tips on how to stop losing weight ?

I mean, I changed my eating habits a lot, expected to lose weight at the beginning but 6 months later I'm still losing weight, I'm on the skinny side now.

I don't think I'm not eating enough, but maybe I'm missing some stuff in my "diet", I eat a shitload of fruits/veggies, eat reasonnable amount of meat, drink water/milk. I don't feel like I'm weak or anything, dont feel like starving either.

the only exercise I'm doing is riding the bike, daily 30 minutes intense, and another 2 or 3X a week biking but not putting much effort into it.

thanks.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I mean, I changed my eating habits a lot, expected to lose weight at the beginning but 6 months later I'm still losing weight, I'm on the skinny side now.

I don't think I'm not eating enough, but maybe I'm missing some stuff in my "diet", I eat a ****load of fruits/veggies, eat reasonnable amount of meat, drink water/milk. I don't feel like I'm weak or anything, dont feel like starving either.

the only exercise I'm doing is riding the bike, daily 30 minutes intense, and another 2 or 3X a week biking but not putting much effort into it.

thanks.
If you're too lazy to eat more, you can add some gainer shakes, that's an easy 1000cal added, you'll likely add some fat to your gut by doing that though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you're too lazy to eat more, you can add some gainer shakes, that's an easy 1000cal added, you'll likely add some fat to your gut by doing that though.
Man that has to make you feel terrible though.

I really wonder though, what is so hard about cooking one more portion of the meal youre preparing?

Maybe its my chef mind, maybe I see things differently, but cooking a few more ounces of ground meat and rice really isnt all that hard to me.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man that has to make you feel terrible though.

I really wonder though, what is so hard about cooking one more portion of the meal youre preparing?

Maybe its my chef mind, maybe I see things differently, but cooking a few more ounces of ground meat and rice really isnt all that hard to me.

Yes, it is. A lot of people don't like cooking, they don't know quantities, they don't necessarily want to eat the same things again, and they're used to their eating routines.
Take the typical 9-5 person. They wake up, probably have a very light breakfast before work, eat at noon, maybe a snack late afternoon, then go to the gym...workout...have dinner...it's probably around 8-9 by then. They're not going to have another full meal.
Heck, for some, they even skip breakfast. Eating 3 full meals is a challenge for some, let alone add another one or more.
You also assume people are happy just eating more ground beef and rice. A lot of them aren't.

Telling them to drink this thing, which takes about 30 sec to prepare, and maybe a minute or two to drink...it's a lot simpler to them.
I love to eat, and I am lucky enough where I could pretty much eat as many times I want during the day, but I know that's not everyone's reality.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes, it is. A lot of people don't like cooking, they don't know quantities, they don't necessarily want to eat the same things again, and they're used to their eating routines.
Take the typical 9-5 person. They wake up, probably have a very light breakfast before work, eat at noon, maybe a snack late afternoon, then go to the gym...workout...have dinner...it's probably around 8-9 by then. They're not going to have another full meal.
Heck, for some, they even skip breakfast. Eating 3 full meals is a challenge for some, let alone add another one or more.
You also assume people are happy just eating more ground beef and rice. A lot of them aren't.

Telling them to drink this thing, which takes about 30 sec to prepare, and maybe a minute or two to drink...it's a lot simpler to them.
I love to eat, and I am lucky enough where I could pretty much eat as many times I want during the day, but I know that's not everyone's reality.
People just have unhealthy habits, no excuses from me.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
People using protein powders and bars because they are easier, cheaper, and more portable than meals.

There are a lot of broscience claims that people need to eat six meals a day to get big, and that you can't absorb more than 30 grams of protein in one sitting .those claims are almost certainly funded by the protein supplement makers .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I don't think I'm not eating enough, but maybe I'm missing some stuff in my "diet", I eat a ****load of fruits/veggies, eat reasonnable amount of meat, drink water/milk. I don't feel like I'm weak or anything, dont feel like starving either.

thanks.

Honestly, this sounds really unusual. Is it possible that you have an undiagnosed health issue?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Finally got over the mental barrier of benching two plates after a couple months of progressive overload. Turns out I can do 5 sets of 3 reps, very happy with that.

Missed benching so much when I had a messed up shoulder, finally feels like everything is back to normal.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Finally got over the mental barrier of benching two plates after a couple months of progressive overload. Turns out I can do 5 sets of 3 reps, very happy with that.

Missed benching so much when I had a messed up shoulder, finally feels like everything is back to normal.
Thats good. Keep it up and youll hit 3 plates in a few months.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Thats good. Keep it up and youll hit 3 plates in a few months.

Yeah, never gonna happen. :laugh:

I haven't weighed myself in a long time, but I'm somewhere in-between 160 and 170. If I can get my 1RM around 250, I'd be happy with that.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Your 1rm is most likely already at 250 if you can bench 225 5x3.

I'd have to try it, but part of the reason I waited so long to attempt 2P is that I usually work out on my own and I don't want to bother people asking for a spot.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd have to try it, but part of the reason I waited so long to attempt 2P is that I usually work out on my own and I don't want to bother people asking for a spot.
Understandable. I have had the same issues in the past with my 1rm bench, which is why I have concentrated on my squat and deadlift much more.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
59 mins 18 seconds today, Crushed it.
Nice! I was planning to run today, but the weather's been flipping from monsoon to Mexican beach every 30 minutes. Now I'm stuck running in a frikkin humidity bath. Whatever...

There's an immature side of me that loves hearing people say, "You went running in this heat??" Yup. Screw age.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
it has nothing to do with lazyness, outside of getting too skinny I'm doing just fine, I'm not starving or anything and have ton of energy.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
@waffledave theres a nice westside BB power rack for sale on kijiji ATM. Its in Chambly, seems like a fantastic bargain.

Thanks, but I think it's too tall for the room I have.

I really want to put it in the garage, which has a high ceiling and would be perfect. But then we can't put the car in there. I honestly don't think we'll be putting the car in there as the garage is small and even just with shit on the walls, bikes, etc... there is no room for the car.

I am thinking I'll buy something cheap like this https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/amstaff-tr057d-squat-press-rack and see how it goes. If next spring it turns out we never used the garage all winter long I'll be able to justify moving it to the garage, at which point I'll get something better since I'll have more room.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I was going to take an afternoon nap and some ******* started mowing moving his lawn.
I love afternoon naps -- they're the best way to make up sleep deficits. Except you're at the mercy of handymen, gardeners, telemarketers, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

At least Jehovah's Witnesses let you get back to your nap if you promise to read their literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad