News Article: Fischler says: No 'C', No Cup

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Not to be offensive, and again, these are not my intentions, this is typical for a fan to say. It shows how fans don't really understand what goes on in a room or behind closed doors. Sometimes a captain's approach sets the tone for the team and players. It goes a long way. Not saying the NYR do not have great leadership, but the idea that a captain does nothing except wear the letter is a bit of ridiculous.

The letter is irrelevant, just because you slap a C on someone doesn't make them the leader. The players know who the leaders are, and this team has basically been going along for years without the C on it's real captain Hendrik.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not to be offensive, and again, these are not my intentions, this is typical for a fan to say. It shows how fans don't really understand what goes on in a room or behind closed doors. Sometimes a captain's approach sets the tone for the team and players. It goes a long way. Not saying the NYR do not have great leadership, but the idea that a captain does nothing except wear the letter is a bit of ridiculous.

No other sport has this mythical captain status and a player can be a leader without wearing a C.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yeah i can see why trams wothout a C dont win the cup. Its just too hard for bettmen to hand over the cup to 6 individuals at once.
It would look ridiculous.

so there is an unwritten rule stating no team without a captain can win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad