First Round Match Ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'd love a crack against the Leafs to put the past behind us, but that would mean the leafs would have to make the Playoffs first! :sarcasm:

Price has yet to win a playoff series, so bring on the Habs! :nod:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If we get home ice I don't care who we play we definitely have a shot at advancing to the second round

If we play Montreal it's going to be tough, I think I hate them as much as I hated the Leafs back in 2004 but it's worse: I hate everything about that city and it's attitude whereas I've only been to Toronto twice and got no reaction from me.

If we play Montreal we HAVE to win or else it's going to really, really suck.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
We get it. You love the Pens.

No, I just like to point out stuff that is clearly wrong. If you haven't noticed, I always try to be as neutral as possible...

Besides, they have the best player in the league and probably some of the best fans on HF...thus a reason I don't dislike them...except Matt Cooke.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No, I just like to point out stuff that is clearly wrong. If you haven't noticed, I always try to be as neutral as possible...

Besides, they have the best player in the league and probably some of the best fans on HF...thus a reason I don't dislike them...except Matt Cooke.

Just so I we can get this on record, you think Pittsburgh doesn't get preferential treatment from the league?

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Just so I we can get this on record, you think Pittsburgh doesn't get preferential treatment from the league?

On ice? Nope. Off ice with promotion or TV? Yeah, but it makes sense as to why.

They have been one of the most penalized teams in the league for years now. In 2010, they led the league in minor penalties like we do right now. Of course, that's not enough for the conspiracy theorists. It's kind of a weird way of the league to express their love for the Penguins, don't you think? Sidney Crosby ranked in mid-30s out of all players in terms of drawing penalties/ice time, the last I saw that stat few years ago. That is pretty incredible considering the abuse/infractions he faces each game.

I don't ever think that the league has an agenda for few teams over others. Do I think some refs have personal issues with certain teams/players? Absolutely.

EDIT: Do I think some refs get intimidated by certain players/teams? Yeah. I don't know about stats but the officiating in Winnipeg has seemed a little wonky at times. I don't think the league tells the refs to call penalties on opposing teams...but the crowd there is a huge factor. This league would lose credibility very quickly if they instructed bias like that.

WPG: 6th in PP minus PK time at Home while 21st at the Road.

Honestly, this isn't even about Pittsburgh. Some people complained that in Game 6, officiating was bad because the league wants the Rangers in the playoffs. I did not believe that as a Sens fan; the refs are just incompetent. The Nash non-suspension was the first time I had a little doubt but I could see why Shanahan decided not to suspend him.

Last edited:

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
I don't want to talk about playoffs till we clinch.

images

Nice take.

I don't want get ahead of myself but I see the sens getting there. When Spezza and Karlsson went down with injuries a lot of people wrote this team off but so far they're doing far better than teams with an entirely healthy roster (points wise)

gotta tip my hat to Paul MacLean and the team. A lot of heart. A lot of heart.

It seems like the team falls apart the Leafs for some reason. Not sure why but If it's possible avoid that match up

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I want us to match up against the Pens. If we can beat them with their juggernaut of a team, it would prove to be the ultimate #PeskySens

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I want us to match up against the Pens. If we can beat them with their juggernaut of a team, it would prove to be the ultimate #PeskySens

No.

If we beat the Pens early that'd clear the way for someone like Toronto or Montreal to go on a nice run. We'll do the heavy-lifting and then run out of gas the next round. No ****ing thanks.

Edit: I would gladly play the 'juggernaut' after Toronto and Montreal are done.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
To be honest, I don't know how I'd feel if the sens had to face the leafs again. You can't lose to them AGAIN. I'm hoping for sens-jets

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I've got mixed feelings about facing the Leafs.

I'd love to beat them so Leafs fans would shut up for once, but at the same time I'd hate to lose to them again.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dropping down to sixth wouldn't be so bad unless somehow Carolina made it to the top of the South East. We could take Winnipeg.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I've got mixed feelings about facing the Leafs.

I'd love to beat them so Leafs fans would shut up for once, but at the same time I'd hate to lose to them again.

This. It would be a massive gutpunch losing to them a 5th time...with their fans in our barn. I want no part of that. None at all.

Give me the Jets or Boston, no rival fans invading our barn and two teams that aren't looking so hot down the stretch.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'd take Boston over Toronto.

I have no idea what it is, maybe it is pressure, but we can't seem to beat the Leafs at home, and just look sloppy.

We play a bit better against Boston. All that said though, I want to end up in sixth to take on the Southeast Champs.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Why would anyone want Boston? Check our record. And the argument that we "show up" against them doesn't really matter when they always win against us, even in games where we outplay them for 60+ minutes. I'll take the Jets, hell, I'll take anyone else really.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Why would anyone want Boston? Check our record. And the argument that we "show up" against them doesn't really matter when they always win against us, even in games where we outplay them for 60+ minutes. I'll take the Jets, hell, I'll take anyone else really.

I don't want Boston either, I would take a bunch of teams ahead of them, but between them and the Leafs, I would pick the Bruins.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
I don't have too much faith in our rookies come play off time, I just want them to get some experience for next year without getting humiliated.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Boston, Toronto, and Pittsburgh would be the 3 I'd hate to see. Boston and Toronto always seem to have our number, and Pittsburgh's just a dominant team this year.

Anyone else I'd be fine with.

Though like everyone else, I'd just be happy to see this team make the playoffs ;)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It kind of sucks that we can't beat the teams in our division in Montreal, Boston & Toronto. It doesn't matter who we meet in the playoffs but they just have to show up & play the way they do against other teams like Winnipeg or the Rangers. It's obvious that Toronto & Boston both think they can beat the Sens physically & Montreal think their speed can beat anyone. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad