First Round Match Ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I don't want to talk about playoffs till we clinch.

images

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Anyone but Boston.

They are a beatable team, but we're just cursed or something when it comes to them.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
ughhh don`t want to face the Bruins but if we lose to MTL in the playoff Habs fans will be a pain in my ass at work for weeks (Living in MTL) so im hopping somehow for Winni

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
winnipeg carolina washington , whoever gets the 3 seed in the south east really, failing that MTL

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ideally anyone out of the southeast besides Washington who would be red hot if they made it. Montreal Ottawa is my preferred 4-5 matchup because we matchup well and because of the rivalry that would ensue. I think we could really physically impose our will on that team and Spezza is maybe the best Habs killer in recent memory

Pitlick*

We need to have one of the teams below us get red hot and get 5th. I'd rather be 6th and play Winnipeg, for obvious reasons.

Or, get red hot ourselves, win the division in the 2 seed.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
everything points to montreal/boston in the 4-5 matchup, with a slim chance of winnipeg/SE winner in the 3-6 matchup.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hmmm, me thinks the NHL would like to see the following:
1. Pitt vs 8. NJ (whomever claims the 8, NJ not important)
2. Boston vs 7. NYR (BIG ratings, US TV dream)
3. SE winner vs 6. Ottawa (CBC special, lol)
4. Montreal vs 5. Toronto (the REAL CBC special).

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
There is currently a 99.2% chance that Ottawa makes the playoffs:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

This. We can go 7-4-4 and be guaranteed a spot. Still great odds if we play worse than that.

I'd like to play Winnipeg or Montreal. Not Carolina because we suck against them, not Toronto because I don't want them to have the pressure of playing them for the first time they make the playoffs. If we somehow win the division and play NJ or NYR/NYI that would be great as well!

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This. We can go 7-4-4 and be guaranteed a spot. Still great odds if we play worse than that.

I'd like to play Winnipeg or Montreal. Not Carolina because we suck against them, not Toronto because I don't want them to have the pressure of playing them for the first time they make the playoffs. If we somehow win the division and play NJ or NYR/NYI that would be great as well!
7-4-4?

We can be a lot worse than that to guarantee a spot.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We could clinch the division and slide into the number 2 spot in the east.

Would take us going on a bit of streak and the bruins losing a few. Unlikely, but not impossible.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If we could miraculously take the division, I would love a rematch v New York. Stick it to Rick Nash and all his fan boys. Send his ass to the Worlds where he belongs.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
There was a great deal I liked about Muckler, but my favourite was his attitude. He used to say, "We shouldn't be afraid to talk about the Stanley Cup". It didn't work out for him here but the concept was sound.

It's a bit early but I really like this team, they are a tough bunch. They have thrived on being underdogs and have embraced being pesky. Without a doubt a team.

The only team I wouldn't want to see in the first round is the Penguins, they are on a serious roll. Second or third round, sure, bring them on.

This Sens team has the makings of being giant slayers. I would wager no team wants to pull the Sens in the first round, they are playing with house money and thus dangerous.

Bring 'em on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad