First reported case of corona virus in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
UK Prime Ministers advice after a 4 hour meeting:

Old people should not go on cruises. (seriously)
If you have coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms dont go into work... but if your family members do they should carry on going and no isolate.

Stopping events will do nothing. Closing schools will do nothing.

Jeez.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
UK Prime Ministers advice after a 4 hour meeting:

Old people should not go on cruises. (seriously)
If you have coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms dont go into work... but if your family members do they should carry on going and no isolate.

Stopping events will do nothing. Closing schools will do nothing.

Jeez.

What a bizarre response!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just got back from BJ's Wholesale Club....OH MY GOD.

Honestly, you may need to go stockpile Toilet Paper...that stuff is almost gone. They are limiting it to one per customer. Water is 2 Units per customer. That place was a damn zoo. On a thursday afternoon.

Everyone was wearing masks and gloves but me.

Hand Sanitizer is nowhere to be found. Tried Bj's, Home Depot and Staples. Staples is now selling TP though.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
NY Post is reporting that NHL season has been indefinitely postponed. Bettman is on a conference call right now with the owners going over the details.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
They basically care more about the economics of it that stopping the spread. Going off yesterday and the budget update in relation to it...

Pretty much only nation now in the Western world not closing schools, stopping large events etc.

I can understand trying to balance the economy, health/safety of your citizens, and panic vs. proportional action. It's not a job I would want right now!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ECHL suspended their season. Nothing from the AHL yet. Writing is on the wall though.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Everythings gonna be cancelled. Any Festival, Any Sporting Event or gathering of any sort.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Also the WWE has cancelled Smackdown live in Detroit this Friday. Instead the show will go on without fans at the WWE performance center. Have to assume they will do the same with RAW Monday and that all house shows are being cancelled

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I mostly hope everyone can work from home. Priorities and all of that.

Listen to qualified experts on when it's safe to go back, not the leagues.

Reactions: Danko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad