First reported case of corona virus in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just 7 cases in the Great Philadelphia Area so far which has over 2 million people.

Reactions: Defect

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Just 7 cases in the Great Philadelphia Area so far which has over 2 million people.
7 confirmed.

italy had 3 confirmed cases on February 22. Now they got half the country quarantined and hospitals are so overloaded they are triaging and not everyone is able to receive the care needed

Reactions: flyersfan187

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
7 confirmed.

italy had 3 confirmed cases on February 22. Now they got half the country quarantined and hospitals are so overloaded they are triaging and not everyone is able to receive the care needed

Yeah it will obviously get worse, much like the flu does during flu season.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
7 confirmed.

and in the half hour since that post ALL of Italy is now quarantined. People asked to stay home. Schools closed until at least April 3rd. Chemo patients being told to not come for treatments.

but yea. I am sure that this happens every flu season.

Reactions: Fasu and TheKingPin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A co-workers daughter is in Philadelphia and works with a suspected case and has been around several other suspected cases. Co-worker saw her this weekend and the daughter was given the risk run-down today. Luckily co-worker had the day off today, because another person who works here is immunocompromised and another has an immunocompromised daughter. We've just been told to work from home for 2 weeks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
and in the half hour since that post ALL of Italy is now quarantined. People asked to stay home. Schools closed until at least April 3rd. Chemo patients being told to not come for treatments.

but yea. I am sure that this happens every flu season.

No one said all of this quarantine madness happens every flu season. But tens of thousands die every flu season without this hysteria.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No one said all of this quarantine madness happens every flu season. But tens of thousands die every flu season without this hysteria.

For reference, COVID currently kills at a much higher rate than the flu and so far has been 2-3 times more contagious.

The Spanish flu (which had a similar but lower mortality rate) began in 1917 and it wasn't until 1918 that its full impact was apparent. It's very, very early to be dismissive of this based on what we've seen.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
7 confirmed.

One of my best friends/people I am closest too is quarantined in Lombardy... right in the middle of where biggest outbreak was...

she says the worst thing is that she had to buy three weeks worth of eggs and bacon but now at least she can study her exams for medical school more efficiently.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
One of my best friends/people I am closest too is quarantined in Lombardy... right in the middle of where biggest outbreak was...

she says the worst thing is that she had to buy three weeks worth of eggs and bacon but now at least she can study her exams for medical school more efficiently.

If that is her only chosen food supply then she and I are now best friends.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If that is her only chosen food supply then she and I are now best friends.

She only started eating vegetables like 18 months ago. In her early 20s... better than my Dad. Who is 53 and still pretends to eat veg by putting it on his plate and then leaving it until last, eating a leaf or two, then throwing it in bin when Mum not watching.

Bacon, eggs, cheese and mayo was pretty much what I lived off for a couple of years. (and pulses, beans, pasta, sweet potatoes and veg, and fruit and nuts and yoghurt haha... but it was the running joke in my house.)

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
She only started eating vegetables like 18 months ago. In her early 20s... better than my Dad. Who is 53 and still pretends to eat veg by putting it on his plate and then leaving it until last, eating a leaf or two, then throwing it in bin when Mum not watching.

Bacon, eggs, cheese and mayo was pretty much what I lived off for a couple of years. (and pulses, beans, pasta, sweet potatoes and veg, and fruit and nuts and yoghurt haha... but it was the running joke in my house.)

That's disturbing.

That I'm older than your dad, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad