Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a virus that causes a respiratory and sometime more systemic infection/inflammation so it’s of course similar to the flu, but this is much more similar to MERS, SARS etc which I think are coronaviruses as well. It has a lot to do with not being exposed much to it. Kids and their parents get coronaviruses all the time as they common cold so they are more immune. Not as much older people. I’m a little worried about it.

China had a success by locking down their country. Now Italy. Going to a stadium filling with 20,000 people is the opposite of that.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
people that dont understand the cornovirus:
source.gif

me:
giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thats fair. I shouldnt be dismissive and I am taking precautions, but I also dont think its as scary as the media is hyping it to be.

I mean there's a 97% chance you survive if you get it. Higher if you're in a safer demographic.

The trick is whether it manages to infect millions. Spanish Flu resulted in 2% deaths, but it infected something like a third of the world so it racked up a high score.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean there's a 97% chance you survive if you get it. Higher if you're in a safer demographic.

The trick is whether it manages to infect millions. Spanish Flu resulted in 2% deaths, but it infected something like a third of the world so it racked up a high score.

But it was also in 1918...so the best preventative measures and treatments were not available

Reactions: Tripod

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
still work in one..we have had no hand sanitizer for like a week lol
Scarier thing than the run on it is how many people gotta ask where it is.

Like how you living that you don't ever buy hand sanitizer until now?

Reactions: trostol

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Unless you are 80+ the chances of surviving the flu are 99.8%. Even then, most killed have had underlying medical issues.

Go check the demographic of the people its killed so far. Then check that against developed countries.

Sick of the media jumping on bandwagons. They are nothing but a plague that we put up with. If people understood how many people die of regular flu virus's every year there would be mass hysteria.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Schools, every event in Czech republic with at least 100 people are cancelled (schools closed of course).

Yesterday playoffs started here, lol. Now Im curious if they will continue without fans or just end.

In Slovakia all sports events were cancelled yesterday.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Schools, every event in Czech republic with at least 100 people are cancelled (schools closed of course).

Yesterday playoffs started here, lol. Now Im curious if they will continue without fans or just end.

In Slovakia all sports events were cancelled yesterday.
The media sure is strong pushing this hoax, better to not trust doctors and scientists! @BrokenStix

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
The media sure is strong pushing this hoax, better to not trust doctors and scientists! @BrokenStix
Yes.
But in media there isnt ANY article, interview with doctor or scientist of course.

Only once (on Friday I think) I fought a post from a doctor on his facebook page. He recommended just washing up hands, eat healthy and you will be fine. I trust in him.

Reactions: BiggE

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The Flyers are playing great hockey. Might win the cup as a dark horse contender

What would your guys' reaction be if they decided to cancel the playoffs entirely

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
One of my best friends/people I am closest too is quarantined in Lombardy... right in the middle of where biggest outbreak was...

she says the worst thing is that she had to buy three weeks worth of eggs and bacon but now at least she can study her exams for medical school more efficiently.
But does she have enough toilet paper???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad