First reported case of corona virus in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He comes off incredibly whiny,

If teams are intent on being petri dishes for disease vectors, then they shouldn’t penalize fans for opting out. It will mean smaller and more tepid crowds, and players won’t like that, but then, the players crave worship.

On Monday, several Flyers shared LeBron’s indignation and, frankly, his ignorance.

“I don’t know enough to have an educated opinion,” said defenseman Matt Niskanen. “We’ve been advised to wash our hands, things like that. Keep in touch with the training staff if anything comes up. As far as dealing with media or fans, not much has been said. They sent out a memo. I’m not sure guys even looked at it.”

I shook his sweaty hand -- our last handshake for a while, apparently -- and moved on.

Niskanen apparently is one of the players who didn’t get the memo, since both the NBA and NHL have advised players to limit interactions with people not on their team. To be fair, contamination might be less of a concern with hockey players, who literally play their game behind a glass, but who, nonetheless, might have a tighter visceral connection to fans, whose frenzies they relish.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We are all going to die. Quick let's buy out toilet paper before it's too late.

There was a video going viral of two ladies in Australia (I think?) that were brawling in a super market over toilet paper.

giphy.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For reference, COVID currently kills at a much higher rate than the flu and so far has been 2-3 times more contagious.

The Spanish flu (which had a similar but lower mortality rate) began in 1917 and it wasn't until 1918 that its full impact was apparent. It's very, very early to be dismissive of this based on what we've seen.

Thats fair. I shouldnt be dismissive and I am taking precautions, but I also dont think its as scary as the media is hyping it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad