Post-Game Talk: First OT win! 2-1 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Goalies are voodoo is a cop out but they definitely are a tough position to figure out.

It's tough, but yet (mostly) the same guys are at the top every year. What do they do better than everyone else? Do they hockey better?

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
What a great game today. That last line from the ref was priceless. The unintentional pause for dramatic effect.

and Leafs just destroyed the Blues tonight. Excellent. Thanks for taking it easy on us on Wednesday.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This is what good goaltending does for a team. We could easily be here commenting on another 2-1 or 3-1 loss.
Everyone except Maurice thought Helle deserved a shot. His hand was forced and Helle's making the team look better.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is what good goaltending does for a team. We could easily be here commenting on another 2-1 or 3-1 loss.
Everyone except Maurice thought Helle deserved a shot. His hand was forced and Helle's making the team look better.

It seems to me Maurice was looking forward to Helly getting his shot. His comments almost seemed giddy at the prospect when quoted in the local papers.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013

If Pav didn't get hit with a devastating injury we'd still be seeing Mr. .906 until kingdom come. So ****ing irritating when the fans are right...they aren't supposed to be.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The Jets goaltending was really good last year so I didn't have a problem with going with Pavs and Hutch to start as another year as a starter in the AHL for Helle didn't seem like such a bad idea. Maurice as shown last year and this year has no issue playing the hot goalie. I have no idea why Maurice is getting flack for his goalie choices this or last year around here lately.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Sooner or later, the team has to play like the team tends to play in front of any goalie.

It wasn't long ago we were talking about how much better the team plays in front of Hutch vs Pavelec.

Good point...but wait and see how well they play in front of Comrie!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

What makes you say the bolded?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
What makes you say the bolded?

The fact that he wasn't called up until Pavelec's injury. Our goalies were struggling badly (one of the worst save percentages in the league...again) and it took an injury.

Hellebuyck had performed well everywhere he played. He had earned a shot.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting game today. Capitals may have a shot at the cup this season and I have never said that before. Barry has them playing excellent hockey.

Derfel*

i know, just kidding around. Hutch now has to do what Pavs did last year, bounce back when he gets his next chance.

... or bring us nice depth as part of a package in a blockbuster trade.

1XtfaPi.gif

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The fact that he wasn't called up until Pavelec's injury. Our goalies were struggling badly (one of the worst save percentages in the league...again) and it took an injury.

I think that contracts, waiver and roster rules have a lot to do with where the goalies were. If he brings Hellebuyck up (prior to the injury) then the team has to make a transaction. We could lose a player on waivers. Seems like the goalie scenario would be HEAVILY influenced by those decisions.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Thing is, it's so rare that a goalie gets called up for any reason other than injury in the NHL. I'd also say that's just as much Chevy's call as it is Maurice's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad