#FireTherrien Habs lose 4-1 to Wings.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Ok you guys need to realize that the head coaches matching lines and calling the shots are too busy to do anything else during the game. Thats why they talk during tv timeouts or between periods. I'm not MT's biggest fan but you guys have no idea how you need to be concentrated and how it is exhausting to match lines. Constant adjustments for a PK, getting back 5 vs 5, one player stuck in his own end where the other 2 guys have already spent a lot of time on the ice...So many real time decisions. Most of the time the coach are too burned out to be frustrated after a game.

I agree but the problem is Therrien does nothing of that.. rarely matches his lines.. he seems lost out there.. always the same damn speaches in between periods... win puck battle.. compete.. strong on puck offensively.. strong on puck defensively.. put puck at net.. that's all we hear on 24CH!

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I agree but the problem is Therrien does nothing of that.. rarely matches his lines.. he seems lost out there.. always the same damn speaches in between periods... win puck battle.. compete.. strong on puck offensively.. strong on puck defensively.. put puck at net.. that's all we hear on 24CH!

You know the Habs have editorial control over the content, right?

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Subban had a weak game tonight, but damn is Beau ever NHL ready. If he gets sent down anytime soon I'll be very disappointed. I hope Tinordi gets called up soon too, both of them need to be on this team.

TalkingHead

Mar 29, 2011
Vancouver
The defense right now is absolutely putrid. Save percentage doesn't mean **** when the team is constantly giving up grade A scoring chances with blown coverage. The quantity of quality of scoring chances the opponents have been receiving is down right embarrassing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We are a team that score... Gionta had 18 minutes, Prust had 17 minutes. Patches, Eller, DD, and Gallagher all had 14 and under. :laugh:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We are a team that score... Gionta had 18 minutes, Prust had 17 minutes. Patches, Eller, DD, and Gallagher all had 14 and under. :laugh:

Prust has been terrible all year. It's amazing more people aren't harping on him like they did Moen last year.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Prust has been terrible all year. It's amazing more people aren't harping on him like they did Moen last year.
Prust came in as a fan favourite. Moen came in and people started complaining immediately cause he was put on top lines.

Moen has been a great 4th liner this year (I've hated when he's promoted to the Top-6, but if it's only for a game or two here or there, its not so bad). Prust has been #14/AHL level caliber most of the season.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It really baffles me how different the Prust of last year (mid-season MVP) is from that of this year. He's had maybe 5 games that I would qualify as being characteristic of what he can bring. I dunno if it's an injury, the system just not working anymore, his linemates, but last year he was the sparkplug, along with Gallagher. (Who still is.) It's not like he doesn't block shots anymore or work hard -- he's just ineffective otherwise.

I'm really hoping that if/when the team gets a new coach (fingers crossed), everyone will start to look better. I think Bourque fits that mould too. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. We do have a good team, it's sad to see it wasted on Therrien's obstinate failure as a coach.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
No the habs are not a good team. Not close.
Too slow,too small,and too old.
Always a few steps behind the opposing team,necessitating tripping, hooking or pushing because they cant get in close to check properly.The opponents are not afraid to attack with speed because we are too slow,too small,and lack physicality.
Eller can skate,so can Plekanec and so can Moen. And they show it.
Markov,Murray,Emelin,Georges are all pylons.
Subban can skate but seems to be held back by some invisible force.
The Habs have to bring back team speed but not with the players they have.
But go ahead blame Therrien.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Bergevin will make a move tomorrow.

probably but it will only happen to help save there own assses. This team is a result of a bad GM and his hiring of even a worse coach. I honestly think individually we have enough talent between the bigs and the farm system to ice a competitive:cry: team, but management just can't get it together.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
No the habs are not a good team. Not close.
Too slow,too small,and too old.
Always a few steps behind the opposing team,necessitating tripping, hooking or pushing because they cant get in close to check properly.The opponents are not afraid to attack with speed because we are too slow,too small,and lack physicality.
Eller can skate,so can Plekanec and so can Moen. And they show it.
Markov,Murray,Emelin,Georges are all pylons.
Subban can skate but seems to be held back by some invisible force.
The Habs have to bring back team speed but not with the players they have.
But go ahead blame Therrien.

I agree to some extent but its MT decision to play some forwards 18min a game and let more talented forwards play on a checking a line. or play them 10min a game. or let our more talented forwards get 0PP min. Its MT who preaches to the Habs in the dressing room that we are a team of grinders.:laugh: how can these players take this management group seriously. With the talent pool we have in our system and the stars we have in the NHL aka Subban, PRice, Markov, Pleks. we should be competitive. MT is not getting the most out of this team because of poor coaching decisions. IMO

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It really baffles me how different the Prust of last year (mid-season MVP) is from that of this year. He's had maybe 5 games that I would qualify as being characteristic of what he can bring. I dunno if it's an injury, the system just not working anymore, his linemates, but last year he was the sparkplug, along with Gallagher. (Who still is.) It's not like he doesn't block shots anymore or work hard -- he's just ineffective otherwise.

I'm really hoping that if/when the team gets a new coach (fingers crossed), everyone will start to look better. I think Bourque fits that mould too. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. We do have a good team, it's sad to see it wasted on Therrien's obstinate failure as a coach.

Yea most of the players are playing worse than they were last year. Remember when we felt like Eller was ready to become our number one center last year? He's a shadow of his own self this year, just like Prust. I think it's the system that's killing this team. Therrien has decided to change it and so far it's been a huge blunder. And he's too stubborn to go back to it.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gallagher played 11:09, his lowest ice time of the season. Baffling. Here we have a kid who plays 110% every shift! crashes the net! wins battles in the corners and gets pounded on by massive Dmen and he gets punished because Pacioretty and DD are stinking out the joint. MT has lost touch

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gallagher played 11:09, his lowest ice time of the season. Baffling. Here we have a kid who plays 110% every shift! crashes the net! wins battles in the corners and gets pounded on by massive Dmen and he gets punished because Pacioretty and DD are stinking out the joint. MT has lost touch

but does he earn respekt?

habitue*

Prust is a fourth liner who can bring lots of energy.... When he his healthy. The guy has serious shoulders problems.

habitue*

Yea most of the players are playing worse than they were last year. Remember when we felt like Eller was ready to become our number one center last year? He's a shadow of his own self this year, just like Prust. I think it's the system that's killing this team. Therrien has decided to change it and so far it's been a huge blunder. And he's too stubborn to go back to it.

He doesn't have the tools. We don' t know which players might carry some injuries on this team, that can affect their play.

It's a very fragile team, physically and mentally.

LaFloater

Jan 23, 2014
Burlington
Its very unfortunate when it gets to a certain point of a season and you are so disgusted you start cheering for your team to lose, just so that they can fire the coach.
MT was a bad hire in the first place and you can argue that the team's success last season was despite him not because of him. I really cannot believe that the Canadiens continue to stumble and spin their wheels because their GMs cannot get a decent coach in here. I am so sick of hearing about how the coach needs to speak French and that is the number one priority. No winning is the number one priority. I am sure the Francophone media and public would suffer an English speaking coach if we were a winning team built for Stanley Cups. I seriously cannot believe this is even a issue. Its so utterly nonsensical it beggars belief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad