#FireTherrien Habs lose 4-1 to Wings.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
The first respond sums it up for me in term of Boucher. Not sold on him. I also have the memory of The Flyers games where all the TB players didn't press....not one bit. That was sad.

I thought the mainstream reaction to that was silly.

What that incident really was is Laviolette admitting that he had no idea how to defeat Boucher's system after being beat by it repeatedly. So he decided to pull a stunt.

And frankly, the sport of hockey tolerates, even at times celebrates actions far worse than an unwillingness to forecheck.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
I noticed something tonight that really bothered me. Babcock was always interacting with his players and the refs and seemed to be really involved....

every time the camera was on MT, he was standing there with a blank expression like he was shell shocked. Even he doesn't seem to be into the game much......

Was at the TBAY game just after Christmas. Was 7 rows behind the Habs bench, and aside from questioning officials, Therrien rarely speaks to his players. Daigneault talks to the dmen almost after each shift. Gallant talks on and off with players, but it is as if Therrien uses his assistants to relay messages. He seemed to quietly engage with Gallant at times, but other than that, he paced and observed. He also will bench players without saying a word to them.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I wonder which 2 dmen will sit tomorrow night? Diaz and Bouillon in for Subban and Markov MT? :sarcasm:

...Beaulieu gets sent back down & Subban sits out for taking those penalties that cost us the game...

Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Murray
Diaz - Gorges

...4 of our 6 Dmen playing their offsides...cuz that shows CHARACTER...

#RISPEK

NewHabsEra*

Therrien said " I liked the way we competed tonight".....No really. He did. :laugh:

Translation?: Hey Bergevin, we competed....it means that they still like me. Okay?

I think the effort was there tonight, this team is just overall bad.. MB is the one that should be blamed for making this team even smaller and weaker..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think the effort was there tonight, this team is just overall bad.. MB is the one that should be blamed for making this team even smaller and weaker..

I don't believe it was. Though, true, Bergevin is to be blamed as well.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Budaj needs to give Pricer a break, Habs need to continue losing so it makes sense.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Price is pretty much the only reason why the Habs have been getting points at all in the past 20 games.

Price's goals against the last 12 games is over 3, his save percentage is under .900, both got worse tonight. Just because he makes 2 or 3 fantastic saves does not mean he is doing his job, he is still letting in 4 a game. Sure it partly because of the players in front of him but.. a supposed elite goalie is supposed to steal a game or two for his team as well.

Every year he does the same thing, play superb for half a year, crap the bed for half a year. I have no confidence that he will ever put it all together for a full year or pull a Roy a win a cup singe handedly.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Price's goals against the last 12 games is over 3, his save percentage is under .900, both got worse tonight. Just because he makes 2 or 3 fantastic saves does not mean he is doing his job, he is still letting in 4 a game. Sure it partly because of the players in front of him but.. a supposed elite goalie is supposed to steal a game or two for his team as well.

Every year he does the same thing, play superb for half a year, crap the bed for half a year. I have no confidence that he will ever put it all together for a full year or pull a Roy a win a cup singe handedly.

So, who cares if we loose 4-1 or 10-1?

...you seriously either don't watch the games or you need to pull your head out of somewhere you shouldn't have it...Price is THE only reason we aren't fighting it out with Buffalo & Deadmonton for 1st overall...here's a little hint for you going forward; don't just read the stats or listen to Toronto Sports Network...:shakehead

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Was at the TBAY game just after Christmas. Was 7 rows behind the Habs bench, and aside from questioning officials, Therrien rarely speaks to his players. Daigneault talks to the dmen almost after each shift. Gallant talks on and off with players, but it is as if Therrien uses his assistants to relay messages. He seemed to quietly engage with Gallant at times, but other than that, he paced and observed. He also will bench players without saying a word to them.

Ok you guys need to realize that the head coaches matching lines and calling the shots are too busy to do anything else during the game. Thats why they talk during tv timeouts or between periods. I'm not MT's biggest fan but you guys have no idea how you need to be concentrated and how it is exhausting to match lines. Constant adjustments for a PK, getting back 5 vs 5, one player stuck in his own end where the other 2 guys have already spent a lot of time on the ice...So many real time decisions. Most of the time the coach are too burned out to be frustrated after a game.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So, who cares if we loose 4-1 or 10-1?

We don't, but Price is the difference more often than not. Price has saved games for us this year, the team rarely gives him any chance to relax.

Blame Price all we want, another thing this is similar in the 4-1 and 10-1 losses? Habs only scored one goal. That is a problem no matter how much you want to blame Price.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
...you seriously either don't watch the games or you need to pull your head out of somewhere you shouldn't have it...Price is THE only reason we aren't fighting it out with Buffalo & Deadmonton for 1st overall...here's a little hint for you going forward; don't just read the stats or listen to Toronto Sports Network...:shakehead

I do watch the games, have been doing so since the late 1960's. Yes, Price has saved our bacon for the first part of the year, undeniable. I am talking about recently. What has he done recently other than the Ottawa game? Has he won any other games by himself? Making a few superb saves during a game and letting in 4 does not cut it. A save percentage under .900 in the last 12 games does not cut it. A goals against over 3.00 in the last 12 games does not cut it, at least in my world, not sure about yours. His performance, statistically speaking, has been dropping sharply the last few weeks. That does not cut it.

Why does Miller in Buffalo have a better save percentage playing on a craptastic team than Price?

Spin it anyway you want, Price is not doing his job just like 80% of the team right now.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
We don't, but Price is the difference more often than not. Price has saved games for us this year, the team rarely gives him any chance to relax.

Blame Price all we want, another thing this is similar in the 4-1 and 10-1 losses? Habs only scored one goal. That is a problem no matter how much you want to blame Price.

Yes, not blaming Price if we only score 1 goal a game.

Varlan

Nov 26, 2009
I do watch the games, have been doing so since the late 1960's. Yes, Price has saved our bacon for the first part of the year, undeniable. I am talking about recently. What has he done recently other than the Ottawa game? Has he won any other games by himself? Making a few superb saves during a game and letting in 4 does not cut it. A save percentage under .900 in the last 12 games does not cut it. A goals against over 3.00 in the last 12 games does not cut it, at least in my world, not sure about yours. His performance, statistically speaking, has been dropping sharply the last few weeks. That does not cut it.

Why does Miller in Buffalo have a better save percentage playing on a craptastic team than Price?

Spin it anyway you want, Price is not doing his job just like 80% of the team right now.

Price is absolutely the least of our worries right now. Without him it would have been repeated blowouts.

The team is about as sloppy and unmotivated as it could possibly be at the moment.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

You say you watch the games, but you can't make a logical assumption as to why his numbers are so bad the last 12 games?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Im sorry but there is no way the habs would be losing games 10-1 if price was not in there. no way

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Price isn't the problem. It's the horrible defense in front of him that's an issue.

The other teams have negated our powerplay (take out PK's shot), and this team can't score 5 on 5.

Why can't they score 5 on 5?

Because 5 of them are 5'9 or smaller. They don't have the size or the compete level to succeed other than Gallagher.

You combine the inability to score and the inability to defend and you're not going to have a good record. And that's what reflected on our team.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Word-for-word, that's *exactly* how Martin was. Stoic, uncommunicative, using his assistants to relay messages like a schoolboy, and benching players without as much as an explanation. Also switching lines like crazy.

It's déjà vu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad