Post-Game Talk: #FireBabcock - Leafs Lose 4-0 to the Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews.

bef4cf55ba6b8b5e50020f40acaf08be.jpg

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't like the #firebackcock hashtag. even for a joke.

let's show some backbone during this rebuilding year

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Sadly I couldn't catch this one either.

Doesn't sound like they matched the great effort against Montreal. Going to be a long year if they play more like this and less like that.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I can't even count the number of times Dion the slug slimed up the front of the net doing nothing while the rest of the team tried to get the puck out, what are you protecting Dion? Not collapsing on the ice for exerting yourself past the level of a 12 year old girl?

I'm amazed that people even think to call out other players when this guy is by far the biggest waste of a contract slot/salary cap/ice time.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013

Doesn't sound like they matched the great effort against Montreal. Going to be a long year if they play more like this and less like that.

was sulking the jays loss (still am) and missed this game :cry:

got rogers internet this year but wonders if the free nhl gamecentre will get many use

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

Montreal is a bad team, I think the Leafs played at about the same level, maybe slightly worse. Certainly not 4x worse going into the 3rd period.

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
They should start Riemer every game to block the first shot, than replace him with Bernie. It's the only way we can even win a game.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
goal and assist and 9 shots for nylander...shouldn't be long till he plays over guys like arcobello, PA, and boyes...even holland

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
goal and assist and 9 shots for nylander...shouldn't be long till he plays over guys like arcobello, PA, and boyes...even holland

It should be very long, like 11 months and a couple weeks long!

Keep Nylander and Marner as far away from this disaster as possible.
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by bringing Nylander up, only thing that can happen is that he either stagnates in his development, or takes a step back due to the abysmal level of talent on this team.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003

That's not really the point. Most know he's already better than 90% of the Leaf forwards.

Keep him away from this tire fire and let him grow in a winning atmosphere.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Didn't watch the game.

Not that I don't want them to do well. I still love the logo up front, but I can't stand Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak.

I'll watch when the youth movement starts. This isn't youth movement. This is same o'l except for Kessel gone.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
One thing I like is how Babcock is spreading around the time on D. Phaneuf is not playing 25 minutes anymore like he routinely did under previous coaching staffs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Didn't watch the game.

Not that I don't want them to do well. I still love the logo up front, but I can't stand Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak.

I'll watch when the youth movement starts. This isn't youth movement. This is same o'l except for Kessel gone.

Yeah, I am not too interested in over the hill, lazy overpaid players losing every night.

At least the Oilers got to watch RNH, Hall, Eberle etc while stinking up the joint. We'll have to wait before we see Marner/Nylander etc on the ice.

I'll watch some HNiC games but overall I'll mostly be watching other teams.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
It should be very long, like 11 months and a couple weeks long!

Keep Nylander and Marner as far away from this disaster as possible.
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by bringing Nylander up, only thing that can happen is that he either stagnates in his development, or takes a step back due to the abysmal level of talent on this team.

This. It's a HUGE difference having a kid like Larkin learn from a Zetterberg - vs. letting Nylander learn from ... whom exactly?

Remember guys - Babcock preached "safe environment".

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Can't out Babcock a fully-fledged Babcock team.

I expected the loss tonight. I expect a better effort against a team we always hand it to.
The Reimer supporters are showing up in spades and rightfully so.

One thing though, in the 2nd period, they said the chances were 6-0 Detroit. Was Komarov's breakaway not a chance? I know it ended up in not being a shot...but still.
Last season I noticed some incorrect stats as well.

Instead of losses. we should ask how often will we be shutout in in 20 games periods-that's right not even the season.

Also if we're not going to score, I would rather the defence, not pinch at all.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina

I watched the game ... he could have had a 5 point night.
One of his dekes to the net was so close ... they had to do an AHL video review (about 20 minutes).

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Didn't watch the game.

Yeah this year is a write off and not even an evaluation year like last year, it's a "biding time" year and probably not worth investing in. But I'm still gonna watch.

After tonight's game I agree with people saying they don't care about 90% of these players, I just can't give a **** about a lot of these guys that bring nothing and have no future here.

I actually wish they'd televise the Marlies games in HD all year, with the Leafs broadcasts level of production, and put the Leafs on Rogers TV or Leafs TV every five games with the others only on radio, so no one could see what was happening :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah this year is a write off and not even an evaluation year like last year, it's a "biding time" year and probably not worth investing in. But I'm still gonna watch.

After tonight's game I agree with people saying they don't care about 90% of these players, I just can't give a **** about a lot of these guys that bring nothing and have no future here.

I actually wish they'd televise the Marlies games in HD all year, with the Leafs broadcasts level of production, and put the Leafs on Rogers TV or Leafs TV every five games with the others only on radio, so no one could see what was happening :laugh:

I think this year is important in establishing the selling price for everyone except Rielly.

If Leafs had to provide a protected players list for expansion, they might decline.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Matthews or Chychrun please!

Not frigging likely! We could finish last and still only pick 4th overall, which is probably what would happen.

The N.H.L. has other teams they believe need to be propped up with franchise players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad