Post-Game Talk: #FireBabcock - Leafs Lose 4-0 to the Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Nylander could have but he's better where he is.
Leafs desperately need to draft or develop (Nylander/Marner etc.) who can make this their team.
We need to find those marquis players.
The Marquis de Sade would be proud of this team

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bernier needs to be returned to L.A. for a refund. He is a defective product. ;)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nice drafting by the Wings.

They don't normally place a youngster like Larkin in the NHL, but he looks like the real deal.

When the Leafs have someone ready we can watch talented youngsters.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The shots were close but how many of those were actually good scoring chances? Most of the shots from the Leafs that I remember were from the outside and bad angles.

They showed pretty good energy compared to last year (duh) but what good is that energy if they're not good or skilled enough to accomplish anything. Saying that I'm sure that they're still getting adjusted to Babcock's system, this team just hasn't seemed to grasp it yet and can't score without cheating.

This is why we drafted for skill, this team needs high end skill and it obviously shows. A little bit of blame goes around for everyone tonight, saying that I thought the PK did a pretty good job overall.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
On the flip side, if you wanted to catch a Leafs game at the ACC for the first time in years, I bet you could find some very affordable tix on the market right now. Now would be the time.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Gonna be a long season. It's been two games, and no one has been able to shoot the puck into the net yet.

91Kadri91*

Gardiner and Harrington played very well again. Kadri and JVR were terrible, which is especially disappointing because they played so well in the first game. I'd like to see Rielly with Corrado. Komarov was great. Bozak and Lupul played much better than the did on Wednesday night.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
This team isn't very good. Babcock is great, but he can't make points appear out of nowhere with this group.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Also remember that Larkin is playing with (and also shielded by) very talented company. When Nylander comes up here, he won't be afforded the same or any of our youngsters for that matter

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Nylander could have but he's better where he is.
Leafs desperately need to draft or develop (Nylander/Marner etc.) who can make this their team.
We need to find those marquis players.

Very true. Ideally within 5 years 90% of our roster are guys who spent a good 160 games or so with the Marlies learning the system. Then the team keeps feeding itself skilled prospects all the way to the cup within 5 years after that.

BeleafInShanaplan

Oct 4, 2015
#firebabcock? Get real. Have some faith in the process.

Babcock said himself there will be pain, there will probably be many losses this year but hopefully it will pay off.

Marlies won tonight! Get excited to watch our good prospects light it up this year. And don't focus on the current leafs who won't be around long term.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Damn, I actually watched that whole game...

Let's give the Wings credit, they look like a really good team and totally schooled the Leafs tonight.

I'm going to concede 2 games in that yes, it's gonna be a long year and the Leafs will be a bottom 3 team. They have nothing going for them that will win games.

I just hope there's some positive moments that will happen, like the Marlies ripping it up I guess but hopefully it's not this bad every game.

Let's see what happens tomorrow night vs. Sens maybe they help us not feel so bad? :D

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Gonna be a long season. It's been two games, and no one has been able to shoot the puck into the net yet.

You have to give credit some players are playing catch with the keeper, getting some advanced stats in the bank.

Just keep throwing those JBlake shots towards the net to get the advanced stats crowd in your corner.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Missed the game, but saw from the box score that Larkin had a goal and an assist. We're never going to hear the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad