Fire lavy?? Trade rinne more like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I hate the Fire lavy thread. The guy has gotten us into the playoffs both years he has been here. Our problem is our piece of crap goalie. He used to be super consistent all season but blow in the playoffs. Now he isn't even a stud all season let alone playoffs.

Plain and simple: I don't give a s*** who your coach is, if your goalie is a bum letting in 3-5 goals a game in playoffs you won't win. It's such a shame because we have so much talent but no goalie. I'm just sick and tired of being let down by garbage rinne. We are out for sure again because of his garbage goaltending. He has never once stolen is a series and never will. He is a garbage clutch goalie plain and simple and I'm so fed up with every playoffs believing in him. Retire please cuz your so done Pekka.
I hope Hutton plays next.

ElfanuReinhard*

If you're begging to get rid of him, we Flames will give you either MacDonald or Schneider and a 4th rounder for him if you retain $2.5 million.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If you think Rinne is the problem with this playoff series I question if you have watched any of it at all.

Even the best goaltenders in the world need some help. Look up how many 1-0 or even 2-1 wins have been out there in this years playoffs. You will find one or two and that is about it.

I don't care how great your goaltender is he is only going to stop so many point blank chances, and that doesn't even bring up how many fluke goals have been in this series. Heck we've had two deflect in off of Josi's hip alone.

Rinne has been the least of our problems.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Rinne just never steals is a game. Never gets shutout. He is plain and simple not a playoff goalie.
We should have gotten Martin Jones, cam talbot, or aanti raanta. Maybe this offseason Philly would move one of their goalies. I don't know.
I was a little raged up at Pekka last night and still am not happy with him at all. Obviously we are taken stupid penalties and obviously not scoring. Craig smith being out hurts is but should not be an excuse.
This offseason we need to address two things big time imo: get another goalie and get a first line centre to have someone half assed play with Neal and ryjo.

Only untradables we have are ryjo Neal forsberg our top four defense and that's it. B
Trade prospects, picks, whatever.
Would absolutely love if we can get okposo in free agency.

Lavy is not the problem.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Isn't PP coaching on HOF member Housley, not directly on those I listed. With whom should Poile replace Housley?

Yes Housley and Poile should get the Axe. Housley because he has done nothing in his time here other than make Ellis better. Yes that is good, but he needs to have done more than that in 3 years. Poile because his epic failure as a GM over the last 33 years.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If you think Rinne is the problem with this playoff series I question if you have watched any of it at all.

Even the best goaltenders in the world need some help. Look up how many 1-0 or even 2-1 wins have been out there in this years playoffs. You will find one or two and that is about it.

I don't care how great your goaltender is he is only going to stop so many point blank chances, and that doesn't even bring up how many fluke goals have been in this series. Heck we've had two deflect in off of Josi's hip alone.

Rinne has been the least of our problems.

I think there are some clear issues with Rinne. I also think his play has been more detrimental than this post infers. Consider. The Predators were dominating Game 4 before the back breaking 4 on 4 goal right after the Predators evened up. Not to mention, Rinne let in a goal within 1 minute of the game. This changes game flow. Fast forward to yesterday, and giving up 2 goals in 2 minutes right after the Predators take the lead .... It is crushing.

I do think there have been a lot of bad breaks and Rinne has not been bad in these playoffs. Since Game 1, he hasn't been that good either. He has been very very average.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Predators were dominating Game 4 before the back breaking 4 on 4 goal right after the Predators evened up.

Wait, you're blaming this on Rinne? When the entire group of skaters couldn't even get possession of the puck and looked as helpless as they do in 3 on 3? You're not blaming Forsberg for being incredibly lazy and not only letting Thompson skate right by him but not even trying to get back in a position to help Rinne by maybe tying up Thompson or even putting a little pressure on him to take the shot earlier than he wanted to?

Fast forward to yesterday, and giving up 2 goals in 2 minutes right after the Predators take the lead .... It is crushing.

Once again, how is Rinne supposed to stop a puck that deflects off his defenseman, into the air and a black roof and then in the net. You really think that puck goes in if it doesn't deflect off of anyone?

On the second goal. Nothing criticizing Weber AND Fisher for losing a battle with Garbutt and Garbutt alone? Both are behind the net, there's no pressure on them from another Duck, yet the Duck is the one who gets the puck free and is the one who gets to the puck first. Rinne was just a split second late with his stick to poke it away but it shouldn't have even come to that.

Blame Rinne if you want but the team in front of him has been horrible the last three games. Both offensively and defensively.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
No matter if we score or not. Every single playoffs Rinne lets us down. He never had stolen a game. He sucks in playoffs plain and simple.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yes Housley and Poile should get the Axe. Housley because he has done nothing in his time here other than make Ellis better. Yes that is good, but he needs to have done more than that in 3 years. Poile because his epic failure as a GM over the last 33 years.

We should have fired Housley the minute we decided he wasn't Trotz replacement. There is no way he came on board when he did thinking he wasn't going to get a shot at being the HC.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
No matter if we score or not. Every single playoffs Rinne lets us down. He never had stolen a game. He sucks in playoffs plain and simple.

So he didn't steal that 2OT game against the Canucks a few years ago? You know the one where he made numerous incredible saves in the OT to allow the team to somehow scratch out a goal and win it?

Why exactly does Rinne have to steal a game? This team is talented enough where it shouldn't be solely up to the goalie to win the game for the team.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Trade Rinne!

Just be sure to find a goalie that shuts out the opponent every game since we can only generate 1 goal per game.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
We should have fired Housley the minute we decided he wasn't Trotz replacement. There is no way he came on board when he did thinking he wasn't going to get a shot at being the HC.

Yes, I don't know what the internal politics are like but this never made sense.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If the team infront of him showed more consistency I'd find it easier to to get on the trade Rinne train.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If you need your goaltender to steal a game, you have greater problems than a goaltender who can't steal games. Replacing the goaltender won't fix those problems. At best, it may mask them for a game or even a round, but certainly not four rounds. You won't have consistent success if you consistently rely on goaltending to carry you. You can get away with an average goaltender if you have very good defense and offense, but even an excellent goaltender won't compensate for average (or below average) defense and offense for long. Look at Quick and Lundqvist this postseason. One has won the Conn Smythe and the other the Vezina, but even they look bad when the team in front of them chokes in the playoffs.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Sure it sucks our team isn't producing but teams that win cups their goalie doesn't let in soft goals or better yet five goals per game. Rinne is just not a playoff goalie and that's all there is to it.
I've always liked him but he's past his prime, trade him while we can still get something for him.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Sure it sucks our team isn't producing but teams that win cups their goalie doesn't let in soft goals or better yet five goals per game.

Out of the goals let in the past three games, name the soft ones that can be blamed solely on Rinne and your reasoning for those.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Sure it sucks our team isn't producing but teams that win cups their goalie doesn't let in soft goals or better yet five goals per game. Rinne is just not a playoff goalie and that's all there is to it.
I've always liked him but he's past his prime, trade him while we can still get something for him.

Ok, who's going to trade for him with his age and contract?

Who plays goal for us after a trade? Hutton? Be serious here.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I have to admit starting 2-0 then giving up the next 3 without looking even competitive is bad..but these threads are a bit ridiculous. There is no reason we'd be firing Lavy or trading Rinne unless we see some type of value in it and not because of some overreaction from a bad playoff performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad