Fire Jim benning (Unofficial vent thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Imagine if we had Darcy Regier as GM after Gillis

Look at Buffalo and the assets he accumulated for that team then look at JB

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Ferraro hit the nail on the head. This management group was too stupid to re-tool, as ideal as that would have been. They ****ed up the current team and the future of the team.

With discussion like this already in the forefront of the mainstream media, I give it until right after the deadline next year before Benning is fired. Which is great for anyone expecting he'd be here another two years at least, but the damage he's done already will take years to repair.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
The best thing will be when LA extends Lucic in a month and negates Benning's entire master plan for next offseason.

even if they don't, i bet they can flip him at the deadline for a solid return

watch benning pay someone for the "trouble" of taking hamhuis off our hands

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
But guys! Wait! It's the mess Gillis left him! Can you believe Gillis left him a 23 year old power forward on a good contract that we had to get rid of? Gillis cost us that 5th that Benning had to pay Montreal to take Kassian, just like he cost us that 7th rounder when we had to pay Tampa to take Garrison!

:laugh: Everyone hating on Gillis deserves this, tbh. I love the Canucks but I'm enjoying the Aquilini's egos blow up in their faces when they made Gillis take the fall for their meddling. Hopefully Benning gets canned soon and we can get a proper GM who will rebuild with all these high picks Benning gets us. Maybe after the next draft, if possible.

Gillis had plenty of warts...let's not act like he's a god. He only looks good in comparison to Benning. If Gillis was so good why hasn't another organization hired him in some capacity?

Ninebreaker

Mar 4, 2014
He thinks the nucks will be competetive, because of the veteran players. Goal is to compete for a playoff spot.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
But the big picture still has Benning remolding the team after the inevitable collapse...?

I don't see that as likely once the team plummets to the bottom against the Aquillini's orders. Given their hair trigger nature I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning turfed by January if things go bad enough. And after the last couple of days I would support that decision.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'm shocked at some of the reactions here. Kassian is a problem character guy and has a poor work ethic. Benning and linden have mostly been about getting rid of problem guys and bringing in good character guys. I personally agree with this strategy. In this case it might have been a bit of addition by subtraction coupled with a much needed tough gritty acquisition.

agreed. chucked the divisive locker room shenanigans of lack and standoffish silent bob antics of bieksa. brought in ryan miller and his sunny disposition.

re-signed dorsett because that's the kind of character guy you get to mentor kassian. and omg got a second kassian mentor in prust.

in benning we trust

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
judging by the production the habs got from dale "dutch gretzky" weise i'd say it looks like a nice landing spot for kass.

Weise's favourite team growing up was the habs. Kassian's dad's favourite team was the Habs too. He's gonna be jacked to play for them. Kassian feeds off of emotion and you know that crowd will fuel him during the playoffs.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Really quick, no editing so you will notice when my stream buffers.

That is Mike from Langley and Luc Bourdon correct? Wow, scathing. Thank you for posting the Video Feebs.

Imagine if we had Darcy Regier as GM after Gillis

Look at Buffalo and the assets he accumulated for that team then look at JB

Regier would be an excellent balance to Benning here.

I don't see that as likely once the team plummets to the bottom against the Aquillini's orders. Given their hair trigger nature I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning turfed by January if things go bad enough. And after the last couple of days I would support that decision.

You think he'll get canned that soon? I don't know. Linden's first hire and a rookie GM, they will give him an extensive grace period. He's here at least 3 years IMO (just guessing). Maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad