Fire Hynes Already Part IV: Make It Stop Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
We seems to be getting what we wanted and honestly who is Ray going to hire quickly? Gather assets, use the expansion draft against other teams and then strike in N1CO & Hughes prime.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Interim now...yes, but it's known that Shero loves "his guys" and Nas is one of "his guys". Say they improve under Nas now for the rest of the year (which isn't exactly hard to do when they have seem to have cratered) and become a below average team or even an average team rather than rock bottom. Is it out of the question that Shero removes the interim label and gives Nas a 3 year contract? I don't think so.

This should be a clean house type of thing.

I mean it might be possible. It also might be possible a good coach is available in the off-season and we get them while cleaning house.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Interim now...yes, but it's known that Shero loves "his guys" and Nas is one of "his guys". Say they improve under Nas now for the rest of the year (which isn't exactly hard to do when they have seem to have cratered) and become a below average team or even an average team rather than rock bottom. Is it out of the question that Shero removes the interim label and gives Nas a 3 year contract? I don't think so.

This should be a clean house type of thing.
it SHOULD be... historically, when a coach is fired, so is the rest of his staff. so this is unprecedented

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
wow...glad he’s going but to be honest hynes deserves better than this. they’re going to trot him out there to coach tonight, knowing he’s fired?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Y’all are nuts. It’s obvious that one if the assistants or Fitz would be the interim. No outside hire for an interim coach would be any good anyways. We also do not know how Nas or Kowalsky would run this team without any Hynes influence.

This is great news and is a start. The interim will stay until a good coach becomes available and wants to coach this team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We seems to be getting what we wanted and honestly who is Ray going to hire quickly? Gather assets, use the expansion draft against other teams and then strike in N1CO & Hughes prime.

Ideal, realistic option would be to bring in a pro scout. Two options are Claude Noel or Peter Horachek who were once NHL coaches.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Had to be done.

Sorry John, I think you're a good guy and I do think you can coach the right group of players. But a team this talented shouldn't be this disorganized.

Reactions: My3Sons

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Nas is going to be the head coach?

I'd rather have Nas the rapper...

f*** this, I'm out for this year. Not going to anymore games. I've wanted that dude gone for years for his terrible defensive system.

Hopefully that isn't what he truthfully wants to run and that scheme is a Hynes thing. Hoping things change, but I'm expecting the status quo from Nas

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Nasredddine should of gone too, but I'll accept it because Hynes needed to be gone 2 months ago.

With Nas head coach, maybe they bring back Stevens to coach the defense. I hope so.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Nas is going to be the head coach?

I'd rather have Nas the rapper...

**** this, I'm out for this year. Not going to anymore games. I've wanted that dude gone for years for his terrible defensive system.

Hopefully that isn't what he truthfully wants to run and that scheme is a Hynes thing. Hoping things change, but I'm expecting the status quo from Nas
INTERIM. that does not mean an actual hire

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I imagine Shero will conduct a full search and bring a new coach in during the offseason who will bring his own assistants at that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheName

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
So, who is Pittsburghs AHL coach right now? Thats our new HC in the summer. Fire Shero ffs.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Horacek is the same guy who coached the Leafs that year the finished last in the league before the Matthews draft right?

Nicknamed "The Horror Show" by the Toronto media. Perfect fit here. Just perfect. Bravo Shero. He's trolling us.

EDIT: He won 9 games out of 42 as a head coach that year. HAHAHAHA

Reactions: Bleedred and Khione
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad