• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Congratulations to DJ “Fire” Smith for winning gold with Team Canada. Another learning experience in his coaching career.

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Wow, I can't believe the worst team Canada sent in ages won the gold. Must have had a good coaching staff!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I mean really, if Smith was a good coach, we might have been able to win a gold and a silver

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I mean DJ was an assistant to a coach with less NHL head coaching experience than himself. Has a record 53-90-21 with Arizona the last 2 years. Tourigny must be an absolute genius, we should probably hire him to be the HC.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
So DJ winning gold at the worlds as an assistant suddenly means he's this great coach?

The DJ apologists are something else :nod:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I mean DJ was an assistant to a coach with less NHL head coaching experience than himself. Has a record 53-90-21 with Arizona the last 2 years. Tourigny must be an absolute genius, we should probably hire him to be the HC.
They probably figure Tourigny is going to be available for this tournament for many years to come. DJ? If we make the playoffs, he won't be available.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
They probably figure Tourigny is going to be available for this tournament for many years to come. DJ? If we make the playoffs, he won't be available.
It's DJ, he doesn't make the playoffs. As long as he's an NHL head coach, team Canada can depend on having access to him for this tournament.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Tourigny with two years of a depressing record, getting off to slow starts, middles, and finishes, and yet he is considered a top coach. Their W-L records as coaches perhaps less useful than player +/- for making determinations?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The coaching carousel continues with established coaches moving from one team to another & every now & then a new coach emerges. Based on these playoffs it should be interesting to see Vegas & Florida play. They both use that similar play that Ottawa likes when Brady pushes the D back behind the blue line looking for that outlet pass, both M. Tkachuk & Stone also do it with their teams.

Seems to be an established play now & several teams were doing it this yr. It's a copy cat league & every team will eventually try it if it works like the drop pass on PPs, never used to see that now every team at all levels of competitive hockey seem to do it.

Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad