Fire Dave Cameron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Muller is going to end up in Jersey

I still think there is a good chance he ends up here. This organization has a lot to offer right now. From KK in bingo, to the exciting d prospects, to anderson, spezza, etc.
I don't know what his living arrangements are but ottawa being close to mtl might be a plus (?)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Because this summer he will finish paying off 3 different coach contracts.

Melnyk has no confidence in Murray to hire another coach, so he's going to do it himself.

Usually that means it's time for a new GM. Don't understand how he doesn't get the memo.

Last edited:

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I still think there is a good chance he ends up here. This organization has a lot to offer right now. From KK in bingo, to the exciting d prospects, to anderson, spezza, etc.
I don't know what his living arrangements are but ottawa being close to mtl might be a plus (?)

muller is a kingston boy, which is an hour down the road from ottawa. i'm not saying that means he's coming here, but there would certainly be lots of reasons for him to take a head coaching job in the NHL an hour away from his home town.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The only question I have about Muller is what if New Jersey or Montreal come calling in a yr or two? Will he leave Ottawa to go to a place where he played? :shakehead

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Melnyk values loyatly alot and it would seem Cameron did right by him by taking care of that junior team of his. Add to that the fact that he keeps verbally blowing Cameron in interviews, it just looks like it will happen.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Melnyk values loyatly alot and it would seem Cameron did right by him by taking care of that junior team of his. Add to that the fact that he keeps verbally blowing Cameron in interviews, it just looks like it will happen.

I believe the PC term is fellating.

Which is why I believe Cameron's getting the job. Has Melnyk commented on any candidate other than his buddy Dave?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I figure Panthers will go for Mike Haviland of the Chicago Blackhawks. He was an assistant coach who served under Tallon and is considered a rising star."

Devils might look at him as well as he's from New Jersey. ESPN says they would prefer a veteran and name Ken Hitchcock, leaving Haviland for the Panthers. But if Haviland is swooped up, one of the hottest coaching prospects (again per ESPN) is Habs assistant Kirk Muller, who should at least get a call.

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
I think we should organize a protest against the hiring of Dave Cameron outside of Sens offices... just in case..

Marble

Feb 11, 2007
Ottawa
Murray said today that it's not about age, it's about experience. Blahblahblah, going with an old guy over a young guy doesn't always make sense.

Cameron it is.

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
I don't really like the idea of bringing Cameron in, but keep in mind that this is not the same team that played under several past inexperienced coaches, so who knows.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If they hire Cameron I think I might not cheer for the Senators next year.

It would be a sure way to get Murray fired though: hire another awful coach that hasn't proven anything in the NHL.

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
If they hire Cameron I think I might not cheer for the Senators next year.

It would be a sure way to get Murray fired though: hire another awful coach that hasn't proven anything in the NHL.

If we hire Cameron, I can guarantee you that it will not have been Murray's call.

If Dave Cameron is the head coach of this team next season, that hiring will have Melnyk's fingerprints all over it. I hope Melnyk keeps his nose out of hockey operations because once we have the owner starting to make hockey decisions, we get situations like the Islanders or the pre-Vinik Lightning.

Shado75

Apr 15, 2009
the reason i dont want cameron is because i remember how much the bingo guys HATED him when he was the coach there. on another forum the bingo fans absolutely despised him, and pointed out numerous little, and even some pretty big mistakes that he would make on a regular basis. they absolutely despised him if i remember. that cant be good.

The fans despised him, the players despised him, they literally threw the one game that Muckler came to see his last year there and Muckler didn't have the stones to fire him because he knew that Cameron was Melnyk's buttboy.
The organization will be in more trouble than you can even imagine if Cameron is named coach. If you think Heatley left skid marks out of town, wait until you see the exodus under Cameron. He'll ruin everything that is good about the young talent in the organization. We've seen it and it won't change. Even Murray won't have the balls to fire him once he's in place.

jordan7hm

Aug 31, 2007
If we hire Cameron, I can guarantee you that it will not have been Murray's call.

If Dave Cameron is the head coach of this team next season, that hiring will have Melnyk's fingerprints all over it. I hope Melnyk keeps his nose out of hockey operations because once we have the owner starting to make hockey decisions, we get situations like the Islanders or the pre-Vinik Lightning.

I guarantee that Murray will have a majority say in the coach choice. The guy didn't just sign a 3 year contract at this stage in his career without some assurances that he'd be able to run his own operation.

I'm sure Melnyk's candidate is guaranteed an interview and serious consideration, but I doubt that a hockey guy like Murray would be ok with abdicating such a crucial choice.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we sign Cameron. Murray likes useless coaches with no real NHL experience.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Nah that would be none other than Greg Carvel. The same guy responsible for our horrific PP at home :sarcasm: I sure miss those threads about him :laugh:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Message to Ottawa Senators;

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT MOVE FORWARD with Dave Cameron!!! :rant:

Your Real Boss, the Ottawa Ticket Buyers!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not sure why Cameron would be the guy to point fingers at. He looks very involved on the bench most nights with Maclean deferring to him a lot of the time.
Reeds is in charge of defense and pk.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bit of a bump here but I agree, if we falter in the playoffs again or miss them altogether time to let him go and have someone come in who can hold Maclean's feet to the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad