Fire Dave Cameron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Personally, I don't see why Murray would sign a new deal if he didn't feel like he was able to make these decisions.

With that in mind, I doubt Cameron would be his choice given his personel choices and drafting. Players like Petersson, Karlsson, Rundblad, Da Costa, Butler etc... would all become useless. We'd be looking more to make clones of Chris Kelly and ice more Brian Lees and Chris Phillips.

Cameron's philosophies just don't fit unless he's here merely as an assistant.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
IMO you promote a top junior coach as an assistant and promote an existing NHL calibre assistant (muller) to head coaching.

Or just hire the guy the owner wants. Yikes.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Cameron has a similar pedigree and system to Hartsburg, which was a complete disaster. Clouston, for all he's done for us lately, turned the team around with his use of an aggressive, offense-minded system when he was brought up to coach the big team.

Clouston is a one-trick pony but his trick is reasonably effective when he has the right players to use it - good speed and a good goalie, I'd say. I don't want him back, but I'd prefer his system over a defense-first guy. Our players just don't work for that.

We don't need an offensive coach.

We don't need a defensive coach.

We need a coach who can do both, as needed. So basically, either a very good existing NHL assistant coach or an experienced NHL head coach.

Not Dave Cameron.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Could someone explain why Cameron is a bad choice?

He is too similar to Hartsburg, Clouston. The veterans on the team might be looking for a different approach and personality from the next guy.
AND Muller might be available. Muller already has experience coaching the bench of the Canadians last yr in the playoffs. No one has any bad things to say about Muller. It is still a bit of a risk, but imo he is a much better fit.

Melnyk on 1200 right now saying that he may have suggestions for Murray but ultimately BM has complete autonomy. Says it will be BM's stamp on the team.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My pick is still Curt Fraser, no idea if he's even on anyones radar though. Supposedly a players coach, done well with the Griffins, has both NHL head coaching and international experience.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He is too similar to Hartsburg, Clouston. The veterans on the team might be looking for a different approach and personality from the next guy.
AND Muller might be available. Muller already has experience coaching the bench of the Canadians last yr in the playoffs. No one has any bad things to say about Muller. It is still a bit of a risk, but imo he is a much better fit.

Melnyk on 1200 right now saying that he may have suggestions for Murray but ultimately BM has complete autonomy. Says it will be BM's stamp on the team.

So if Cameron is hired, chances are he lied.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I don't want Muller coaching the Sens either he has no experience as a head coach and he's a Hab...yuk

he's almost just as much a head coach there as martin. Watch him behind the bench during the games. With a good assistant i don't think he'd have any serious problems transitioning.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see the point in another inexperienced coach. Not that it couldn't work at some point but what's with Melnyk and his love for WJC related things? I hope that Murray doesn't agree and convince Melnyk that the Sens need a coach with a NHL pedigree.

Only one inexperienced coach I'd want is Kirk Muller. Well respected as an ex-player and experience as an assistant coach. Seems to work very well with players, which is what we need.

Not saying I don't believe it, but do you have a link?

Heard it many times on CKAC (Montreal sports radio), errr Habs radio

Old news

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't see the point in another inexperienced coach. Not that it couldn't work at some point but what's with Melnyk and his love for WJC related things? I hope that Murray doesn't agree and convince Melnyk that the Sens need a coach with a NHL pedigree.

Only one inexperienced coach I'd want is Kirk Muller. Well respected as an ex-player and experience as an assistant coach. Seems to work very well with players, which is what we need.

Heard it many times on CKAC (Montreal sports radio), errr Habs radio

Old news

Ah, thanks.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
At this point, unless we find an experienced coach that we know will do better with the type of players we have, id rather keep Clouston for another year or two. He's been good with the young players, and Spezza.

Remember a few years ago when Clouston said that this team will be as good as Spezza is? He knows the importance of Spezza to the team, and I would have to think that he had a role to play in Spezza's progression as a player that past year or so.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Murray talked about moving in that direction when he signed Gonchar. Unless he was lying I can't believe he'd hire Cameron.

Let's hope he has that choice. While I am forever grateful to Melnyk for what he's done for our team, he's far too involved in these decisions.

It makes absolutely no sense to hire another inexperienced coach. It hasn't worked for us consistently yet. It's time to go with someone who actually has some legitimate NHL credentials.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
So if Cameron is hired, chances are he lied.

Or Murray really thought that he was the best candidate. I really can't see Melnyk putting that much pressure on Murray. The coaching choice will be made by the murrays. I have more confidence in Tim in this area, so i'm glad he'll be involved.

Jerk Store*

Well, it's still just a rumour.

I don't know much about Cameron but that was a shocking collapse by Canada in the WJC.

What I saw in that game was that with a 3-0 lead, Cameron told his players to stop hitting in order to limit the chance of taking penalties. What he failed to realize, and this is beyond me, is that as soon as you give Russians space, they'll take it. All he had to do was keep up the pace and gold was ours. The more the period went on the more painful it became to watch. I don't want Cameron anywhere near this team.

I would be afraid of the Devils grabbing him. Unfortunately that's probably a better fit for the ex-devil.
I'll continue to pray though.

That's probably what will end up happening, sadly.

Not saying I don't believe it, but do you have a link?

No heard it on CKAC sports. Makes sense anyway, more than ready to become a head coach.

Ah, thanks.

There ;)

If we do end up with Cameron, I'll start questioning Melnyk's involvement in decision. I don't think Murray wants to take that chance himself with the lack of success he's had with these guys (coaches), so that would clearly indicate (to me anyways) that Melnyk has given himself a role. And I won't be happy with this at all. I already suspect Kovalev was his call and look how that went down.

Afro Thunder*

Why can't Melnyk be like every other owner and let the GM deal with ****?

Because this summer he will finish paying off 3 different coach contracts.

Melnyk has no confidence in Murray to hire another coach, so he's going to do it himself.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
the reason i dont want cameron is because i remember how much the bingo guys HATED him when he was the coach there. on another forum the bingo fans absolutely despised him, and pointed out numerous little, and even some pretty big mistakes that he would make on a regular basis. they absolutely despised him if i remember. that cant be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad