Fire(d) Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Out of shape teams don't dominate the pace in OT. They had zero trouble keeping up in the round robin and were stronger than their opponents. They were in shape. They were badly coached to play passive trash hockey once the real games started.

No roster can win playing the style AV had them play, regardless of goaltending. As we saw. Even if it were true that the roster wasn't in shape (which it isn't), then the blame still falls on coaches when the problem is that widespread.

It's been over a year and we still have to listen to this conditioning bullshit that is EASILY disproven.

Whatever it takes to shill for management.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Out of shape teams don't dominate the pace in OT. They had zero trouble keeping up in the round robin and were stronger than their opponents. They were in shape. They were badly coached to play passive trash hockey once the real games started.

No roster can win playing the style AV had them play, regardless of goaltending. As we saw. Even if it were true that the roster wasn't in shape (which it isn't), then the blame still falls on coaches when the problem is that widespread.

The Round Robin? You mean the exhibition games, b/c that's how most teams treated them - because there was no home ice advantage in the bubble.
They were clearly not in shape in the bubble, except ironically Voracek. The team played like crap outside of Voracek and Couts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Round Robin? You mean the exhibition games, b/c that's how most teams treated them - because there was no home ice advantage in the bubble.
They were clearly not in shape in the bubble, except ironically Voracek. The team played like crap outside of Voracek and Couts.

The team looked like crap because they were playing a passive crap shell.

When they unleashed in OT they looked great, and I don't know why you ignore that reality. We've covered this before; coaches have a massive impact on how a team plays and looks. Coaching matters. A well managed team will look far better than a poorly managed team working towards stupid goals. Your refusal to accept it does not make it any less true.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
I am hopeful that team defense will be better this coming season. The goaltending was shit but they really looked lost in their own zone far to often last season.
I am willing to give Risto a clean slate. Giving him less responsibility might help him. I want TK and Atkinson out together as much as possible stirring up all kinds of shit.
Give me someone better than Holtby.
Just wanted to give this thread some optimism

This. I want to see better team play at least. I don't expect them to be world beaters but they need to show significant improvement or it's time to can at least the coaching staff. The GM has expended a lot of capital to bring in new players. Now the coach needs to use them correctly.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

AntDiGrazio to Chuck Fletcher:

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
GMs tend to get two HCs if they build a solid team, and this is a solid team.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Yup.

Replaced Tanev at a cheaper price. Good fit.
Ok, I thought maybe he did something else. That one is "meh" for me and I cant think of anything else he has done this offseason that was actually good. Thought he slapped something big on us and I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad