Fire Colliton

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
It’s one of those things that’s repeated often enough that people take its truth for granted without thinking it through.

No, there's something there.
  • He rehabbed Gus very well. Should have taken the 1st rounders that were offered for him back at the 2019 Trade deadline but oh well.
  • The Icehogs were an absolute disaster under Ted Dent. From telling players to call Stan Bowman (link) if they had issues with the roster to later being arrested for Battery, the dude f***ed us in the AHL for 11 years (link). Colliton steps in as the new coach and brings the team to the conference finals (longest playoff run in recent memory).
  • He was able to make some noise on the power play in 2018 after taking over for Q. Didn't last but it was something.
I agree it's probably time to move on, but I appreciate that the organization took a chance on him. I wish he could have stayed in Rockford a few more seasons to mature, but you play the hand that you're dealt.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
No, there's something there.
  • He rehabbed Gus very well. Should have taken the 1st rounders that were offered for him back at the 2019 Trade deadline but oh well.
  • The Icehogs were an absolute disaster under Ted Dent. From telling players to call Stan Bowman (link) if they had issues with the roster to later being arrested for Battery, the dude f***ed us in the AHL for 11 years (link). Colliton steps in as the new coach and brings the team to the conference finals (longest playoff run in recent memory).
  • He was able to make some noise on the power play in 2018 after taking over for Q. Didn't last but it was something.
I agree it's probably time to move on, but I appreciate that the organization took a chance on him. I wish he could have stayed in Rockford a few more seasons to mature, but you play the hand that you're dealt.

I was high on Gus, but he stunk last year before getting traded.

So which young players exactly has Colliton had a substantial and positive impact on their development? I'm not asking rhetorically, if these players exist please point to them.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017

So which young players exactly has Colliton had a substantial and positive impact on their development? I'm not asking rhetorically, if these players exist please point to them.

My main point was about Rockford so these players:

2017 - 2018 Rockford Icehogs

Anthony Louis
Matthew Highmore
Tyler Sikura
Luke Johnson
Adam Clendening
William Pelletier
Andreas Martinsen
Cody Franson
Carl Dahlstrom
Tomas Jurco
Viktor Svedberg
Chris DiDomenico
Vinny Hinostroza
Darren Raddysh
Ville Pokka
Alexandre Fortin
Tanner Kero
Matteson Iacopelli
David Kampf
John Hayden
Luc Snuggerud
Erik Gustafsson
Lance Bouma
Laurent Dauphin
Henrik Samuelsson
Graham Knott
Robin Norell
Gustav Forsling
Nathan Noel
Victor Ejdsell
J.F. Berube
Tom Olczyk
Joni Tuulola
Nolan Valleau
Kyle Maksimovich
Brandon Anselmini
Robin Press
Matt Tomkins
Alex Wideman
Jeff Glass
Collin Delia

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

Anthony Louis
Matthew Highmore
Tyler Sikura
Luke Johnson
Adam Clendening
William Pelletier
Andreas Martinsen
Cody Franson
Carl Dahlstrom
Tomas Jurco
Viktor Svedberg
Chris DiDomenico
Vinny Hinostroza
Darren Raddysh
Ville Pokka
Alexandre Fortin
Tanner Kero
Matteson Iacopelli
David Kampf
John Hayden
Luc Snuggerud
Erik Gustafsson
Lance Bouma
Laurent Dauphin
Henrik Samuelsson
Graham Knott
Robin Norell
Gustav Forsling
Nathan Noel
Victor Ejdsell
J.F. Berube
Tom Olczyk
Joni Tuulola
Nolan Valleau
Kyle Maksimovich
Brandon Anselmini
Robin Press
Matt Tomkins
Alex Wideman
Jeff Glass
Collin Delia

Given that no one on that list is a good NHL player, you've made my point for me.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Given that no one on that list is a good NHL player, you've made my point for me.
What is your criteria for the players? Who had potential to be NHLers of the group?? your elevations seem coming instead biased to began with or poor with just writing off Gus as he somehow stunk.

Gus dropped from the hotshot offensive yet began being a positive impact 5on5 player last season not just a overly too frequent turnover machine leading to high end chances against. He's gone from what was looking like an nhl one shot washout to a offensive #4.

He's done very little to maintain it nor work against the idea of it.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
What is your criteria for the players? Who had potential to be NHLers of the group?? your elevations seem coming instead biased to began with or poor with just writing off Gus as he somehow stunk.

Gus dropped from the hotshot offensive yet began being a positive impact 5on5 player last season not just a overly too frequent turnover machine leading to high end chances against. He's gone from what was looking like an nhl one shot washout to a offensive #4.

He's done very little to maintain it nor work against the idea of it.

I’m not the one who presented that group as evidence of anything, the other guy did. I don’t blame Colliton that these guts aren’t nhl players, but I’m still waiting for someone to point to the young NHL players whose development he enhanced.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Anthony Louis
Matthew Highmore
Tyler Sikura
Luke Johnson
Adam Clendening
William Pelletier
Andreas Martinsen
Cody Franson
Carl Dahlstrom
Tomas Jurco
Viktor Svedberg
Chris DiDomenico
Vinny Hinostroza
Darren Raddysh
Ville Pokka
Alexandre Fortin
Tanner Kero
Matteson Iacopelli
David Kampf
John Hayden
Luc Snuggerud
Erik Gustafsson
Lance Bouma
Laurent Dauphin
Henrik Samuelsson
Graham Knott
Robin Norell
Gustav Forsling
Nathan Noel
Victor Ejdsell
J.F. Berube
Tom Olczyk
Joni Tuulola
Nolan Valleau
Kyle Maksimovich
Brandon Anselmini
Robin Press
Matt Tomkins
Alex Wideman
Jeff Glass
Collin Delia

That list is a whole lot of.... not good. Just not much for any coach to work with.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Collitons development plan.
-Reduce minutes
-Healthy scratch
-Get player traded
That was so for Jokiharyu... who else? I think some people aren't going to move veind the one case there.

I mean some people never moved on from Q's not liking or Pirri or Morin. One case isn't the whole story but it tells a better story.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
That was so for Jokiharyu... who else? I think some people aren't going to move veind the one case there.

I mean some people never moved on from Q's not liking or Pirri or Morin. One case isn't the whole story but it tells a better story.

Joker
Perlini
Nylander
Boqvist

He doesn’t let players play to their strengths. If you don’t fit his mold you don’t play. I have no idea how anyone gives him praise for developing young guys when they are constantly looking over their shoulder. Oh yeah and his criteria only is applied to young players. All vets get a pass. All except Seabs.

Reactions: Illinihockey

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Joker
Perlini
Nylander
Boqvist

He doesn’t let players play to their strengths. If you don’t fit his mold you don’t play. I have no idea how anyone gives him praise for developing young guys when they are constantly looking over their shoulder. Oh yeah and his criteria only is applied to young players. All vets get a pass. All except Seabs.
I'm not sure how either of those 3 not Joki match up to what you're describing.

You're showing 3 players who gained more playing time as seasons went on and who is in this looking over their shoulder role? Who are the vets not being limited that should in contrast to younger players? Who didn't fit his mold and not play? You sound 100% describing a coach like Q which was things for years here but who are these pieces that fit this bill for JC?

The majority of complaint volume seemed to be him giving too much time to Sikura, Nylander, Kampf, or Highmore from people.

Perlini was a guy who kinda i guess fits but all he had was a hot 2 weeks in March, he still kept playing with Strome and Cat the same kinda icetime and went dry. His departure hasn't shown anything differently about him.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I still don’t know how he’s supposedly good for the youth. Bovqist looked lost, debrincat regressed, nylander sucked, strome didn’t get any better/regressed
Boqvist is still not ready to carry the load. Boqvist will never be a great Defender in his own Zone. Pretty much all know this and that's not a knock on him or whoever his Coach is/could be.
DeBrincat isn't on the same Level as he was a year before and he can't burry one to save his life. He scored under Colliton as he did before. He struggled this year. It's not something to hold against JC yet. Wait another Season, this could very well Change the pro/con site.
Nylander hasn't been a NHL Player for anybody and any Coach. Pretty sure a guy like Q would have given up on him earlier (and maybe rightfully).
Strome has had one fluke year and now is back to his whole NHL Career. This fluke came with JC as his HC btw.

He's good for the Young guys because he gives them chances and time. He's not letting them sit all the time and without any warning. We've seen this with Q more than once and it was a different roster and Coaching needed. Q didn't Need to do this.

He’s a prime example of a coach trying to force a system instead of looking at the roster and molding his system around them. Mike Yeo, Dallas Eakins Esq
He's not close to force a System. Most of the time it looks like a wild up and down with letting half the Players do what they want on offense. He Needs to work on the D System for sure. D is the main Problem with this Team. Figure this out, get the Vets more buying it in and you will see a different Version of this Team. Still a Team on the bubble to reach the POs, but it won't look as bad as it did for some time.

Bowman Needs to find a way to get rid of Smith and Maattas contracts. Save some with the Goalie Position and improve the Depth of the Forwards. Only having 2 Lines and no real Depth to speak of is not cutting it.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
The more I look at the Islanders defense individually, I want to say our problems could be managed so easily with better coaching and developing our prospects out.

Off the top of my head for this year:

Keith > Leddy
Murphy > Pelech
De Haan > D. Toews
Maatta > Boychuck

Seabs/KK vs Mayfield is a wash and would say for right now Pulock/Dobson > Boqvist/Mitchell

I'm not even going to touch on the forward roster, I think we're miles above the islanders there. Are we giving Colliton too much slack for the roster quality?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I don't think Kampf gets much of a chance to develop into an effective 4C without JC believing he can be a 50 point player.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
The more I look at the Islanders defense individually, I want to say our problems could be managed so easily with better coaching and developing our prospects out.

Off the top of my head for this year:

Keith > Leddy
Murphy > Pelech
De Haan > D. Toews
Maatta > Boychuck

Seabs/KK vs Mayfield is a wash and would say for right now Pulock/Dobson > Boqvist/Mitchell

I'm not even going to touch on the forward roster, I think we're miles above the islanders there. Are we giving Colliton too much slack for the roster quality?

I think youre low on Pelech, Pulock and Toews. Theyre really good, especially the first two.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Versteeg on Chicago coaching:

Talking on Spittin Chiclets about playing in Sweden and the system they use there, this is what he said.

“..and the other thing that they do in Sweden, they play these 5 man pressure points all over, and that’s what Chicago is trying to do because they have all the Swedish coaches (referring to Colliton and Mitell). But you can’t do that in the NHL because the ice is smaller and also if you miss someone in the NHL you usually take a penalty, but in Sweden you can commit penalties unlike the NHL so you can high pressure more successfully.”

Thought it was an interesting comment that came out of no where.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
JC record is just over .500 since taking over and its been a .500 roster on paper...Him and Stan have one offseason together and are strapped for cash in their second one, they'll need to get creative to retool this roster

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
There’s no coach out there to me that it’s a definite slam dunk of a hire. Laviolette, Gallant, Reirden, etc. are solid but I’m not sure they do a ton more with this roster. I think Colliton gets the year and if we bottom out and miss the playoffs, he’s gone. Who knows, maybe a really good coach will become available.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Versteeg on Chicago coaching:

Talking on Spittin Chiclets about playing in Sweden and the system they use there, this is what he said.

“..and the other thing that they do in Sweden, they play these 5 man pressure points all over, and that’s what Chicago is trying to do because they have all the Swedish coaches (referring to Colliton and Mitell). But you can’t do that in the NHL because the ice is smaller and also if you miss someone in the NHL you usually take a penalty, but in Sweden you can commit penalties unlike the NHL so you can high pressure more successfully.”

Thought it was an interesting comment that came out of no where.

1) I do not see Hawks using much pressure at all, actually I think that is what is missing from their game.

2) How is it easier to pressure on the bigger ice surface? Pressure was always easiest in the smaller building (Boston Garden-Chicago Stadium)

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t know what this blog is, but it’s apparently reposting LeBrun’s report.

NHL insider Pierre LeBrun reports that we'll likely see one done after the Blackhawks figure out their cap crunch and offseason moves.

"I don’t believe there have been any conversations yet on the contract front, the Hawks priority right now is readying themselves for the Oct. 6-7 draft and potential roster changes. But I do expect the Blackhawks to explore extending Colliton before next season begins."

Report: Hawks Expected To Give Jeremy Colliton Extension.

EDIT: Ah, it’s from this Athletic article, and it is indeed what LeBrun wrote.

LeBrun: What does the future hold for Wayne Simmonds in new NHL economy?
LeBrun: What does the future hold for Wayne Simmonds in new NHL economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad