Post-Game Talk: Fire Chiarelli

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Just keep the 1st and start developing players. Next year we'll have Bouchard in the lineup which will upgrade the 3rd pairing and PP. Benson will probably be in the bottom six. Get rid of the dead weight this offseason and add a few cheap, bottom six free agents.
Agreed I would be open to trading futures for young assets if available but doubt most are. By this I mean 1st + Yamo + for a Kyle Connor if he is asking to much etc.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
**** it, I'm going to be "that guy".

Koskinen was huge for us in spite of giving up 5.

Puljujarvi with his best game of the season against one of the best teams in the league.

Nuge with a solid game except for the PP where our top unit as a whole sucked.

Looch with yet another goal and a good lick on little Johnny poopy pants.

Get Klef back, drop Jones to the 3rd pair or demote him for a bit if he continues to struggle and trade for Mark Stone or another RH forward that can provide top line production.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
You can lose a game. But you should never lose a game like that.

Call me old school...you lose by leaving a mark. No mark left. Except Calgary's.

Off-side. :/

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
If we miss the playoffs this season and next and you’ll be seeing billboards for season tickets again. That’ll be the only thing to kick Katz in the ass.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Talbot isn't as strong as he was.
But the cost he had was well worth it.

I’d agree the trade cost was fantastic. At the time I was excited as well. I’d just love to have his money tied up in a position we could use help in. Koskinen is giving us a chance to win. If Rask is out for an extended period I’d love to get him moved out

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Meh you can fire Chia but it wont matter. He was able to gut the team of any skill and overpaid way too many players.

This will be your Edmonton Oilers for the Next 3 years
Yeah, we’re rebuilding again. You’re being awfully optimistic that it’s only going to take 3 years. It’s been 10 already with no end in sight. Fire him now before he trades the first round draft pick and sets us back even further.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Lots of whipping boys here. Why is talbot one of the reasons Chiarelli should be fired? I get it he has been terrible for last year but lets not act like he has been brutal the entire time. Also again Drai has not been great as late but lets not act like he is dog ****. Our top players are getting burnt out.

Side not glad Pool party and Lucic were alright.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
A lack of talent often leads to a team looking like they lack effort.

Chia has built a team wildly bereft of talent.

Reactions: L13

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Chia's work on this team.

giphy.gif

WTF???

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You'd think with Hitchcock this would be a thing of the past but they look even more disengaged than they did under Todd.

Under Quinn and Renney they had this same problem plague them. The roster does not matter, they sleepwalk through the first 10-15 minutes of every f***ing game.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Im full on aboard the pink slip chia train, the guy is just spinning his wheels and the team is still slowly sinking. Toss the guy now before he has the chance to do something stupid between now and the deadline

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, we’re rebuilding again. You’re being awfully optimistic that it’s only going to take 3 years. It’s been 10 already with no end in sight. Fire him now before he trades the first round draft pick and sets us back even further.

Well I'm hoping that with the next 3 top 5 picks and a new manager we mange to build something...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad