Post-Game Talk: Fire Chiarelli

the mcdavid era

Jul 10, 2017
Just keep the 1st and start developing players. Next year we'll have Bouchard in the lineup which will upgrade the 3rd pairing and PP. Benson will probably be in the bottom six. Get rid of the dead weight this offseason and add a few cheap, bottom six free agents.

I hope Bouchard's offense translates to the NHL because his defense is really bad. Another potential bust imo

Reactions: Yeah15

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
They were pretty close. A few bad misses on key chances and a bad bounce.

It's a real shame the GM couldn't have added players to bolster a flawed group instead of making confusing sideways moves and moves for non roster players while pissing away picks and cash.

I f***ing hate Giordano, and Mike Smith, and little miss sunshine and Tkachuk. f***ing disgusting loss.

What a f***ing loser that Katz d-bag is.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Just keep the 1st and start developing players. Next year we'll have Bouchard in the lineup which will upgrade the 3rd pairing and PP. Benson will probably be in the bottom six. Get rid of the dead weight this offseason and add a few cheap, bottom six free agents.

That seems like a risky plan considering the garbage we've drafted in the 1st recently.

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018
Playoffs are an absolute pipe dream. There’s no way the multiple teams we need to roll over in addition to us not playing like ass.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It's OK Chia. Jump! I'll catch you!

SparklingScalyBlobfish-max-1mb.gif

No, seriously, get the hell out of here.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Fire the f***ing idiot! I know someone from the Oiler org. just may read this. Why are you keeping him? What possible justification do you have? What recent evidence is there that gives you faith in Chia making not just good trades, but fair trades. However, the reality tells us that Chia will make over payments. This is the guy you want to keep? He's making you all look like idiots by keeping him at this point. This comes back on the entire organization, and people are smart enough to realize that. People aren't as dumb as you all seem to think, though it is a shame that not enough people are outraged by your incredibly massive levels of hubris and arrogance in Oiler ownership and upper management. I think that will most certainly change one day, as more and more people have enough of this crap, and it will be a day of reckoning for the OBC, and will be a wonderful breath of fresh air for all (or most) Oiler fans.

Fire Chia. Just do it already.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
A co-worker (who is a big Flames fan) and I were talking about this game yesterday. He was worried Calgary wouldn't play well since they played at home the previous night. I told him Calgary will steamroll them because anytime Edmonton has two or more days off in a row, they play like shit the first game back.

St. Louis will pass them by the ASB this upcoming week.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They were pretty close. A few bad misses on key chances and a bad bounce.

It's a real shame the GM couldn't have added players to bolster a flawed group instead of making confusing sideways moves and moves for non roster players while pissing away picks and cash.

I ****ing hate Giordano, and Mike Smith, and little miss sunshine and Tkachuk. ****ing disgusting loss.

What a ****ing loser that Katz d-bag is.

Chia? Add players? That are forwards? With skill? Might as well ask for the moon.

Reactions: Canada Drai

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
A co-worker (who is a big Flames fan) and I were talking about this game yesterday. He was worried Calgary wouldn't play well since they played at home the previous night. I told him Calgary will steamroll them because anytime Edmonton has two or more days off in a row, they play like **** the first game back.

St. Louis will pass them by the ASB this upcoming week.
You'd think with Hitchcock this would be a thing of the past but they look even more disengaged than they did under Todd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad