May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

Seems like good picks.

I would love to hear more on Hirvonen

trade.jpg

whoopsiedaisy-whoops.gif

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Finland is usually a strong team in the Jr's, so good on us that we have a good representation on their team. Bodes well for the future leafs.

Yeah I remember Kapanen scoring that goal at the WJC, that was cool! :)

The WJC isn't necessarily a good barometer of how the kids will pan out but still, very cool to see our picks be captains - that's always a good sign IMO. And I am definitely looking forward to seeing these guys play, Niemela is someone many seem to have high hopes for and Hirvonen while less of a prospect I guess is still someone who has a fair bit of potential so very interested to see these guys play!

you mean 1st favorite team! tbh i couldnt really care less if canada wins the juniors lol. i care about my leafs prospects way more. if theres no more leafs prospects left playing then GO CANADA i suppose lol.

This is exactly how I feel. Like 100% bang on.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

The WJC isn't necessarily a good barometer of how the kids will pan out but still, very cool to see our picks be captains - that's always a good sign IMO. And I am definitely looking forward to seeing these guys play, Niemela is someone many seem to have high hopes for and Hirvonen while less of a prospect I guess is still someone who has a fair bit of potential so very interested to see these guys play!

Agreed!
Watching Chase play, I'm hoping for that from Hirvonen as his ceiling. Will he get there :dunno:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

lol ye, olympics i cheer for canada and follow how leafs players do, WJC is legit ONLY about the prospects.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
So, you guys are going to cheer for USA over Canada this year because of ONE prospect??

Blasphemy.
im going to make more of an effort to watch games that our prospects are playing in, and in those games i will cheer for our prospects, not really for their teams. i dont care at all about the teams and who wins lol.

Reactions: Smif

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
After decades of horrible drafting. Well mediocre to horrible

The ineptitude of our GM's drafting between 2009 and 14 (save Kadri and Rielly) is what I consider to be the prime reason we've yet to achieve success in the playoffs. A couple of solid homegrowns for the 3rd and fourth lines (better than a Goat) and a 2nd and 3rd pairing defensemen at reasonable cost and we could have....oh well.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario

Remember 2003 when Canada had 5 leafs

Bell,Colaiacovo,White, Stajan and Wellwood talk about getting excited about the Leafs future.............

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Remember 2003 when Canada had 5 leafs

Bell,Colaiacovo,White, Stajan and Wellwood talk about getting excited about the Leafs future.............

Luckily we have top shelf core pieces in place already, so we don't need as much from our prospects as we may have been hoping for back then.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Sorry, Canada first, every day of the week and twice on Sunday's...... well maybe the Steelers on Sunday's, but you get my drift here.

Thanks for sharing the info @Nooodles. Knowing we got them both in a trade with Ottawa in a 2 for 1 trade down just makes any success they bring to the Leafs even sweeter!

Go Canada Go! Go Leafs Go! Go Topi & Roni Go!

....... and now I'm Finnished.......

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So, you guys are going to cheer for USA over Canada this year because of ONE prospect??

Blasphemy.
Yeah, pretty crazy but I guess not unexpected in todays world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad