GDT: Finally Hockey is Back - Caps vs Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They don't really have an identity. Aside from the gliding/weaving bullshit. Their timing will improve with more regular games but...they dumb. Big dumb.
Couldn’t have said it better….low IQ, low creativity beyond individual effort….they’re just out there skating around doing nothing positive that sticks out.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Carlson was on the wrong side of his man on that last goal, again.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
They just aren’t good. They’re solid defensively but their goaltending sucks and their ability to create offense is even worse.

Just dumb decision after dumb decision. Over passing instead of shooting. Fever has a 2v1, slows down to make it a 2v2 and passes it right to a Wild player. Look at what Minnesota does on their odd man rushes compared to the Caps not even being able to get a shot off on most 2v1’s. It’s embarrassing.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
We are old and slow. The coach and the GM thought at the deadline, it was a good idea to get older and slower.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Weave you dolts, weave.

I know they like to keep it a family and all but it's a business. A lot more of this and even they won't be able to sweep it under the rug.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Something amiss. Ref's have definitely been ignore calls against us last 3-4 games.

John Carlson plays 'defense'

And Fever is definitely off.

Reactions: Drakon

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
So what will actually happen if we lose easily in round one again? It’s looking like it.

Cup was 4 years ago now....
The Ovechkin and Backstrom contracts really force us to stick to an aging roster. On top of that our draft picks have not really hit and we have little to no young talent ready to take over. The truth is I think we are stuck with this result for the next 2-3 years at least.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I look forward to many keen adjustments from the coaching staff prior to Wednesday.

Reactions: HTFN

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
How are they so awful at home? After tonight’s game, take a look at the teams with a worse home record. That’s a sad list.

Reactions: Misery74

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
How are they so awful at home? After tonight’s game, take a look at the teams with a worse home record. That’s a sad list.
For starters, they should stop wearing the f*cken fancy marketing jerseys! They should be wearing their regular home jerseys for starters. Then they should have the players in a road atmosphere staying in a hotel away from their wives, kids, girlfriends and family. The team needs to get out of their comfort zone playing at home!

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again.. the TDL left the core feeling deflated. They know this team can’t compete and without actual help coming in, they know they know they just don’t have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad