GDT: Finale | BUF @ CBJ | 7:30 PM EST | Pain, Misery, Despair

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I’m far from a Peeke stan, but the coach’s deployment this season has him in over his head. Somewhat forced upon the coaching staff by the injuries and trades but he really has no chance of being successful when he’s asked to play so many minutes.
That's more on the GM then anything. Somehow Jarmo thought Werenski, Boqvist and Gudbranson would be good enough along with Peeke.

They're all not good defensively

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
That's more on the GM then anything. Somehow Jarmo thought Werenski, Boqvist and Gudbranson would be good enough along with Peeke.

He didnt though, thats why he tried multiple times for Chychrun or tried to get McDonagh which he was saved from disaster by the player. This was when we also had Gavrikov

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
He didnt though, thats why he tried multiple times for Chychrun or tried to get McDonagh which he was saved from disaster by the player. This was when we also had Gavrikov
I like Jarmo but he's been here how many years?

Gavrikov was good defensively, everyone else was average/unproven at best.

Reactions: We Want Ten

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

We had Gavrikov and hoped we could extend him still. Bean was assumed to be healthy. I’m not saying it was an all-star group there but we had plenty of capable bodies to be able to insulate a guy like Peeke who should be glued to the 3rd pair and maybe a PK unit.

Reactions: VT

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We had Gavrikov and hoped we could extend him still. Bean was assumed to be healthy. I’m not saying it was an all-star group there but we had plenty of capable bodies to be able to insulate a guy like Peeke who should be glued to the 3rd pair and maybe a PK unit.
Bean was not proven, every analytic sais Gudbranson was bad (turns out he is, surprise). He was in a tough spot but also his d core plan hasnt been working out

anotherlurker

Oct 31, 2022
High5 to everyone! And second last is still good and an accomplishment (is what I was told when I played sports as a kid).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad