GDT: Finale | BUF @ CBJ | 7:30 PM EST | Pain, Misery, Despair

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The season ends tonight, thankfully.

Those three words describe the season as a whole and the current situation.

Anti-tank, pro tank, whatever side you were on it doesn’t matter now. The season is over. The miserable season ended with more misery.

2 more points on the line. At least they get to take it with them into next season!

Oh wait. Nevermind.

What’s at stake:

regulation or OT/Shootout win: 29th place finish (9.5% to pick first, 9.8% to pick second, 0% 3rd, 15.4% to pick 4th, 44.9% 5th, and 20.5% 6th)

Overtime or shootout loss: 30th place finish (11.5% to pick first, 11.5% to pick second, 7.4% to pick third, 40.7% to pick fourth, 28.8% to pick fifth)

Regulation loss: 31st place finish (13.5% to pick first, 14.4% to pick second, 32% to pick third, 40.2% to pick fourth)

Lineups will be posted when known.

f*** this team. See you in May for more pain.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I've found over the years that the CBJ lose when I watch the game. I have family visiting right now, so I pulled the game up on my phone and listened while in the shower last night, and the Pens scored during that brief time.

Sadly, I can't watch tonight - I'll do my best to check the score regularly though, I assume every bit of my attention helps the tank.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Did you know?

The Blue Jackets lead the NHL in losses since 2000 yet have only picked in the top three just three times in franchise history: '02: Rick Nash (1st) '12: Ryan Murray (2nd) '16: Pierre-Luc Dubois (3rd)

Points earned in the last month (Mar 14 – Apr 13): Anaheim: 4 Chicago: 8 Washington: 9 San Jose: 9 Arizona: 10 Montreal: 10 Detroit: 12 CBJ : Just brutal

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Pyythia, Hat Trick, Luoto, Hat Trick, some guy who walks on from the crowd as a volunteer winger scores a Hat Trick. Lars decdes it would be cool to see Johnny play a full 60 minutes. Johnny suffers a career ending injury. NOW THAT my friends is how the Jackets play a season final game that will impact the franchise for the next 10 years.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I've been following this team literally from Day One and this season has been for me the most miserable season of all. It's not like I had illusions of grandeur for them going into the season as I didn't expect them to get into the playoffs but I expected them to be at least respectable. The fact that the season was a lost cause barely after it even started was probably the most disheartening part of it for me. It reminded me of the GMDM days of darkness.

To those who paid for season tickets this year, my condolences to you as you deserve better than this.

Reactions: behemolari

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jarmo and the company are icing a tank level roster.

Coach is giving players the minutes
Carson Meyer and Sillinger and probably a few other AHL caliber players should have been in the line up. Another contracted goalie (Lalonde) could have been called up.

A job this important which is 3/4 done is not done at all. It's on Jarmo as well. The idea that he and Larsen couldn't have maybe talked proper tank strategy (Gaudreau minutes/OT/etc) is on him as well.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Carson Meyer and Sillinger and probably a few other AHL caliber players should have been in the line up. Another contracted goalie (Lalonde) could have been called up.

A job this important which is 3/4 done is not done at all. It's on Jarmo as well. The idea that he and Larsen couldn't have maybe talked proper tank strategy (Gaudreau minutes/OT/etc) is on him as well.

They have a full on ahl caliber defense& goaltending.

The lineup on paper is abysmal

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
They have a full on ahl caliber defense& goaltending.

The lineup on paper is abysmal
Gaudreau could easily have been sat out for the last two games. Injury risk excuse-especially given the number of injuries this team has had-would have had proper cover.

Slugs like Meyer and Sillinger needed to be in the line up as well.

Reactions: EspenK

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I hope Tage Thompson scores 14 goals and then goes Mortal Kombat on every CBJ front office employee and coach in the building.

1681488642230.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad