Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Part 2

Paradigm

Feb 29, 2008
So are we allowed to create characters on Excalibur yet? I read the thing about free server transfers later; how do name conflicts work in a situation like that?

I just don't want to invest time in a character if I'm not able to eventually be on the same server as everyone else.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
So are we allowed to create characters on Excalibur yet? I read the thing about free server transfers later; how do name conflicts work in a situation like that?

I just don't want to invest time in a character if I'm not able to eventually be on the same server as everyone else.

The person transferring to the server would have to change their name. And Excalibur is still closed for awhile longer it seems, hopefully the new server upgrades happen soon. The server randomly opens for maybe 15-45 minutes a day, and thats about it.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Great Strides is OP. The items just HQ themselves.

Haha

Sidenote- We finally got reliable Titan kills last night, so we finished 9 relics! Going to take a shot at the end game raid dungeon tonight and possibly get started on everyone's second relic :)

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Final dungeon is really fun, will be streaming TMNQ attempts over at http://www.twitch.tv/kelenaevecchi

Hopefully will have it down pat soon :)

Very nice Orpheus. I ended up getting sucked in to fishing just like XI. Currently 27 Archer and 47 fishing. Hoping the market catches up soon cause the money fish aren't selling much at all yet on my new server. I checked a legacy server though and prices are fairly decent for the money fish so looking forward to that.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Very nice Orpheus. I ended up getting sucked in to fishing just like XI. Currently 27 Archer and 47 fishing. Hoping the market catches up soon cause the money fish aren't selling much at all yet on my new server. I checked a legacy server though and prices are fairly decent for the money fish so looking forward to that.

Thanks! We're about to do more :)

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

I've been sucked into all crafting, heh. Gotta keep 'em similar level though... and level the gathering to boot. Plus a little bit of farming I guess, though I seem to be able to maintain enough income to pay for my crafting habit.

Good luck getting those last 3 levels!

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Ding 50! Gotta double mooch a fish now for final quest, it sucks. My red coral is finally starting to sell fast. I got 90 of those things to sell off. I'm in an all crafting FC, helping each other out. It's working great!

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I've been sucked into all crafting, heh. Gotta keep 'em similar level though... and level the gathering to boot. Plus a little bit of farming I guess, though I seem to be able to maintain enough income to pay for my crafting habit.

Good luck getting those last 3 levels!

I love the crafting system, its one of the best parts of the game!

Ding 50! Gotta double mooch a fish now for final quest, it sucks. My red coral is finally starting to sell fast. I got 90 of those things to sell off. I'm in an all crafting FC, helping each other out. It's working great!

Nice..lol

So, TMNQ cleared turn 1 of the final dungeon in the game. Seems like there are 5 "turns" or wings, total.

Got http://xivdb.com/?item/2308/Allagan-Round-Shield and http://xivdb.com/?item/4185/Allagan-Bracelets-of-Aiming

Screenshot of the gang :)

sThqmzJ.jpg

Late Edit: Anyone who bought the PS3 version of FFXIV seems to get the PS4 version for free, rejoice! :P

Last edited:

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Higher server population caps inc!

[NA] Notice of All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 11)

At the following time, in order to add new content to Worlds, enhance instance Worlds, further enhance Duty Finder performance, and to address several confirmed issues, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds.

During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

*Because we predict a login rush right after maintenance completion, you may experience a 1017 error. If this happens, please wait awhile and try to login again at a later time.

*Details on the addressed issues will be posted separately.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 11, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 12, 2013 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Turrican*

Hey guys, which area is the best to grind FATES from lv 10-15?
Arcanist is really really slow at levelling.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Going from level 10-15 should be pretty easy with any class if you just follow your hunting log. Actually speaking of Arcanist when I was doing the level 10 guild quest between all the running around and getting lucky coming upon random FATES and the occasional hunting log critter I somehow shot up 3 levels by the time I was done.

BreakTheWallsDown

HFBoards Prospect
Mar 6, 2008
Kennesaw, GA

For like 9-15 I do the bottom portion of Lower la Noscea. That whole area outside the Moraby Drydocks. There are multiple boss fates which are really easy to get credit on with a class like Arcanist and a few other fates in the area too.

Turrican*

Going from level 10-15 should be pretty easy with any class if you just follow your hunting log. Actually speaking of Arcanist when I was doing the level 10 guild quest between all the running around and getting lucky coming upon random FATES and the occasional hunting log critter I somehow shot up 3 levels by the time I was done.

For like 9-15 I do the bottom portion of Lower la Noscea. That whole area outside the Moraby Drydocks. There are multiple boss fates which are really easy to get credit on with a class like Arcanist and a few other fates in the area too.

Awesome thanks guys.
CNJ is at 27, so I am nearing WHM. Very excited.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
SE finally fixed my friend's account. Finally someone to play with (that I personally know). I now have to spread time between Path of Exile, BF3, FF14 and NHL 14 :laugh:. Maybe throw some KH 1.5 and GTA5 into the mix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad