Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Part 2

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
TMNQ is almost on the final raid zone, Coil of Bahamut :)

Just need to kill Titan, who should die tonight and he will complete our relics :D

My DRG and MNK are pretty equally geared, almost full blue sets, so excited to start the real end game stuff.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I was mucking around on Famfrit :)biglaugh:) last night and was shocked to see pretty much zero items listed on the market boards. It might be fun to push a character to 20 there and powercraft my way to gil galore. The maturity level on that server seems... very low compared to other servers I've mucked around on so far.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Yoshi-P posted a new letter (in Japanese), here is a translation:

- Servers now support 7300-7800 simultaneous logins
- Adding new worlds
- Splitting duty finder into 3 pools, instead of 2
- Increased the population caps again on worlds
- Currently at maximum connections for a lot of worlds
- Game currently has 325,000 simultaneous players
- Above issues will be fixed within 1-3 weeks
- World transfer server is coming, people will be able to transfer to worlds they want to go to
- This stuff is their highest priority right now
- They are preparing the Ps4 version and want to increase the games marketing presence

Turrican*

So I heard I have to resend my ticket if it didnt get answered in 48 hrs?

**** these *******s.

Turrican*

Just filled out my 2nd form.
Since my original email said "We will reply to you within 48 hrs" and that was sent to me last Thursday.

I am fortunate that my 1.0 account gave me some extra playtime or else I'd be twiddling my thumbs.

Towers

Speculator
Oct 7, 2008
Speculation Ave
What's the issue that you would want your money back? o_O

I haven't been able to play since the first 5 minutes at launch. They shrugged their shoulders at my first ticket regarding my dual service accounts and have ignored my second ticket for the same issue.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I find, for me anyway, that there is a slight bit of lag when running out of a mobs aoe range. Sometimes I'll get hit even when I'm clearly out of range which has me worried that endgame will be a *****. This never happens to me on WOW.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I haven't been able to play since the first 5 minutes at launch. They shrugged their shoulders at my first ticket regarding my dual service accounts and have ignored my second ticket for the same issue.

I don't know if you saw my earlier link, but the form to fill out for dual linked accounts is over at https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

It says the process can take up to two weeks to process and they have said you will retain your 30 days free. I am sure a LOT of people have done what you did, and they are thus swamped.

I find, for me anyway, that there is a slight bit of lag when running out of a mobs aoe range. Sometimes I'll get hit even when I'm clearly out of range which has me worried that endgame will be a *****. This never happens to me on WOW.

This has to do with the server latency, especially when zillions of people are on it. Occasionally on a boss like Titan with tight dodge mechanics you will get tagged anyways because of server lag, but I've noticed it slowly getting better as they upgrade the servers (Behemoth for instance went from guaranteed death on every move to reasonably dodgeable to dodgeable with ease)

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Also, it tends to be better to move further out of range than you think you need to because I don't think the ground indicator is as accurate is it displays.

Towers

Speculator
Oct 7, 2008
Speculation Ave
I don't know if you saw my earlier link, but the form to fill out for dual linked accounts is over at https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

It says the process can take up to two weeks to process and they have said you will retain your 30 days free. I am sure a LOT of people have done what you did, and they are thus swamped.

Yeah, I've filled out the form already. A week ago. Their auto-response says it takes two days to reply. It's been 5 days. I don't care how swamped you are, you create another auto email saying "Hey, we know it's been more than 2 days, we're sorry and thank you for your patience. We're just writing to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you. Please hang on. We love you, please pay a monthly... please."

But instead I've heard diddly and I'm frustrated and I'm an entitled whiny gamer and I want my goddamned mother ****ing piece of donkey **** game to ****ing work.

Towers

Speculator
Oct 7, 2008
Speculation Ave

Yeah, I've filled out the form already. A week ago. Their auto-response says it takes two days to reply. It's been 5 days. I don't care how swamped you are, you create another auto email saying "Hey, we know it's been more than 2 days, we're sorry and thank you for your patience. We're just writing to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you. Please hang on. We love you, please pay a monthly... please."

But instead I've heard diddly and I'm frustrated and I'm an entitled whiny gamer and I want my goddamned mother ****ing piece of donkey **** game to ****ing work.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada

Well I hope they resolve your issues soon :(

If anyone is curious how end game DPS shakes out, on a pretty standard fight like Garuda (who we are speed killing in about 6-7 minutes), Bards are currently running 100-120 DPS, my monk is running 126DPS and the black mage is running 130 dps. In other words, all the damage dealers are pretty balanced so far in about equal gear. My monk DPS should shoot up with a Garuda weapon and the rest of the darklight set, and everyone else's DPS will shoot up upon completion of their relic :)

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
Since conjuring is mandatory for my second job to play as a paladin, I decided to try healing on the duty finder and I found it surprisingly fun. And I thought Archer was going to be my second class that I focus on.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Since conjuring is mandatory for my second job to play as a paladin, I decided to try healing on the duty finder and I found it surprisingly fun. And I thought Archer was going to be my second class that I focus on.

Healing really is enjoyable in 14. Combat is almost perfectly paced where you aren't spamming heals and you aren't twiddling your thumbs. You even get to nuke at times and contribute to the groups damage if you want to make runs go faster..lol.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Healing really is enjoyable in 14. Combat is almost perfectly paced where you aren't spamming heals and you aren't twiddling your thumbs. You even get to nuke at times and contribute to the groups damage if you want to make runs go faster..lol.

On the other hand, tanking as a lowbie gladiator is damn near impossible. I can't hold hate AT ALL. I never used to lose hate as a paladin, even without a conveniently placed thief.

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
On the other hand, tanking as a lowbie gladiator is damn near impossible. I can't hold hate AT ALL. I never used to lose hate as a paladin, even without a conveniently placed thief.

Think this has more to do with not getting shield oath until much, much later.

New news time!

The PS4 version of Final Fantasy 14 will have remote play, so you can MMO on your Vita.
Source: http://kotaku.com/first-details-about-final-fantasy-xiv-remote-play-for-t-1262578674

According to Yoshi-P, this is what is coming in the next few patches:

- Good King Moogle Mog will returning as a boss fight. More than likely he will be accessible through the duty finder. Please look forward to it.
- A new difficulty for Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan fights will be added in this patch as well. They haven’t quite decided if they’ll call them hard, super, ultra, extreme, or any other awesome intense name. I can see it now. “Ifrit, for real this time”.
- Also new Hildibrand quests and FATEs are being added. If you didn’t know, Hildibrand was a comic relief NPC from version 1.0. He has his own… unique sense of humor.
- The Wolves Den, a 4v4 and 8v8 arena will be opening in this patch. You can travel to it by boat from Lower La Noscea, and to enter the arena you must use the Duty Finder.
- And lastly, Mists, the La Noscea player housing region will be unlocked in 2.1. Houses are available to Free Companies and individual players for a monetary value.

- New Primal fights will be introduced. Yoshida stated that they will be “ones that new players haven’t even imagined.”
- Either Leviathan, Shiva or Ramuh will be in 2.2. It has yet to be revealed which one, but they all seem like fun fights and fun stories to flesh out!
- Gilgamesh might make an appearance as a boss fight in either 2.2 or 2.3.
- It is possible that Free Companies will have the ability to summon their own Primal (FATE?) battles in this patch. No concrete details have been announced though. If not 2.2 then possibly 2.3.

- Patch 2.3 is the target release for the Golden Saucer! The reason they haven’t revealed much about it is because they are currently busy working on it. They are hoping to have at least 3 mini games available before they release it into the game. Yoshida says perhaps a card game, a mini game, or a snowboarding game. I’d love to snowboard down Coerthas with my Lalafell!

Expansions:
- It has also been confirmed that the first draft of the first expansion has been submitted! Obviously there is a lot of work to be done, but at least they are planning for the future!

Source: http://zantetsuken.net/news/final-fantasy-xivs-patch-future-2-1-2-2-and-beyond

Last edited:

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
When are they going to allow digital downloads again?

Yoshi covers this in his newest letter, but the answer is basically "as soon as possible"

Further Server and System Improvements

As we continue to address server issues, I would like to follow up on my previous announcement regarding the measures being taken to improve this situation.

With the maintenance completed on September 4, we have increased the number of concurrent connections allowed across all Worlds by roughly 60,000 users. For the time being, however, we believe it necessary to maintain login and character creation restrictions, even though they have inconvenienced many of our players.

With the exception of recently added Worlds, each World can now support 7,300 to 7,800 simultaneous logins. Further increasing this limit runs the risk of causing severe lag in all zones. We will continue monitoring server loads to ensure a stable playing environment as we move forward with our plans.

Following the increase in server capacity, we reached 325,000 simultaneous logins, and we anticipate that this number will only increase. Therefore, as our development and operations teams continue to work towards a full-scale upgrade of our servers and systems in order to accommodate more players, we will continue our suspension of digital sales of the game.

During this time, we will be monitoring connections during peak times for each data center. Once we have confirmed that all Worlds and the zones within them are stable, we will continue to monitor server loads and populations in real time as we prepare to upgrade our servers and make other extensive improvements.

The following is a general outline of our major goals to improve overall server and system stability. Specific details will be announced as soon as they are available.

1. Substantially increase the number of Worlds.
2. Create a third duty finder group to further alleviate server stress.
3. Increase the number of servers used for instances.

Even with the increased capacity of all Worlds, the number of simultaneous logins is still reaching the limit. Because increasing server capacity further would result in significant stress to individual zones, frequent restrictions on character creation have been necessary for the most heavily populated Worlds.

Furthermore, since simply adding new Worlds would heavily stress the Duty Finder system, a significant increase to the number of Worlds will be accompanied by the creation of a third Duty Finder group for each data center. We will also increase the number of servers used for instances. We believe these steps will allow for a marked increase in the number of concurrent connections our servers can maintain.

With that said, we have also noticed that many players are leaving their characters idle in game due to the login restrictions we have set in place to maintain server stability. In response to requests to address this issue, we are working to implement a feature that will automatically log out characters that are idle for a prolonged period of time.

The above improvements are scheduled to be implemented next week. We will make an announcement at the beginning of next week with further details.

4. Commence World transfer service.

In addition to our above plans to improve server stability, we will begin service for World transfers. Players who were unable to join their desired World due to character creation restrictions will now be able to move to a World of their choosing.

We realize many players would like to play together with their friends, and preparations for the World transfer service are a top priority. We are also working towards resuming digital sales for those who had planned to purchase the game but were unable to do so.

5. Begin large-scale improvements for long term operations.

Next year will see the PlayStation 4 release and another influx of players. In order to ensure the best experience for all of our customers and customers-to-be, we are carefully monitoring our operations as we continue planning extensive changes to improve the game.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by the current restrictions to logins, character creation, and digital sales. I assure you that our entire company is working tirelessly to improve your gaming experience, and we hope we can count on your continued support.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...and-System-Improvements?p=1204429#post1204429

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad