GDT: Final exit interviews; Granato 11am/Adams 11:30am

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
590ulg.jpg

We just passed this point of the presser

Can anyone find a feed that works?

The Facebook feed works: LIVE: GM Kevyn Adams | End-of-Season Press Conference (facebook.com)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not watching. I’m sure you’ll keep posting the tweets. But any questions on whether this surgery has been performed on other athletes?
I saw Friedman write about only one other pro athlete. I believe it was a MMA fighter who returned. But then he said he was injured again but not related to his surgery. Not sure what that means.

Reactions: sabresEH

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Not watching. I’m sure you’ll keep posting the tweets. But any questions on whether this surgery has been performed on other athletes?
From Friedman's 31 thoughts, only 2 UFC fighters have had it.

Mixed martial artist Chris Weidman announced he underwent this procedure in Jan. 2019, and proclaimed it a success. He’s fought three times since then, suffering an unrelated injury three weeks ago. Another fighter, Aljamain Sterling, went through it last month. He’s resumed cardio and sounds optimistic, telling ESPN that doctors informed him, “I will heal in three months.”

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
"There was honesty both ways" aka veteran core players were pissed and made it clear they didn't want to be a part of a rebuild

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If Granato is made the permanent head coach, you're 100% trading Eichel, Reinhart and Risto as soon as possible.

Those guys have been down this road before with the "unproven, promising coach" and they want no part of it
Don Granato had ~25 more years coaching experience than either Krueger or Housley when those two were hired by BUF.

If your personal preference is locked and loaded on a long-tenured NHL head coach along the lines of Tortorella / Gallant / Boudreau, that's fine. If you're asserting you know the heart and mind of #9, #23, #55 that's something else. If you're asserting you know they don't want Granato as head coach, that's something else altogether.

If one were to draw two Venn diagrams, the first representing "coaching to develop the players" and the second "coaching to win", it's not clear to me there isn't tremendous overlap of them. It's a false dichotomy, in my opinion, to believe they have little overlap.

Me? I believe those players, and the rest of the Sabres, want to win. I believe they want to win more than they care what sweater they are wearing when they win. I believe they'd much rather win in a Sabres sweater than lose in the sweater of their choosing. If you and I were coaching and they finished with 100 points, I don't think they'd care one lick we had no prior formal head coaching experience. I believe that based on human nature, not because I know what's in their heads.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It's a great soundbite, but those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Understanding WHY this has been a 10 year shitshow is how you fix it. Burying your head in the sand and pretending it didn't happen is folly.
What could he say that would convince you his head isn't buried in the sand?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00