Recalled/Assigned: Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Can you give a summary, please?

Basically Trotz said

"I talked to him and, if we get healthy here, I might have him go down to Milwaukee and play three games in three nights, just to get those 20 minute-a-night-type of games in and see if he can get some traction. One of the things you find as a coach, you cannot give a player confidence, a player has to produce to have confidence. You can pat him on the back and encourage him but it doesn’t give him confidence. All it does is encourage him. With Filip, I don’t want him to lose too much confidence in his own abilities.â€

Milwaukee does have back to back to back games this weekend.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?

Legwand was the second draft pick and he wasn't anywhere near as good as VL or Cindy Crybaby or SStamkos or any other fantasy player we'd all like to think is representative of what every GM drafts every year.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Shhhh ... it doesn't fit the baseless rant.

I'm waiting for somebody to accuse Trotz of not only eliminating offensive ability from a player but then teaching them to remove points scored by teammates. It's the pseudo-logical progression of the fallacies.
I stand corrected I thought the record was held by Sully. Still the point is only 3 times has a player went over 30 goals and The Predators the only Franchise without a 40 or for that matter a 35 goal scorer in their 15 year history. Trotz is a fantastic Defensive coach, his system is to stifle Offense on the opposing team even at the expense of his own team's offense. The 3 players to go over 30 goals also were already established Goals scorers that fell into Trotz's lap. He has yet to produce any homegrown player that produces under his system. Hornqvist is the only one that comes close and he got here by hard work and talent and would produce much more on another team.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I stand corrected I thought the record was held by Sully. Still the point is only 3 times has a player went over 30 goals and The Predators the only Franchise without a 40 or for that matter a 35 goal scorer in their 15 year history. Trotz is a fantastic Defensive coach, his system is to stifle Offense on the opposing team even at the expense of his own team's offense. The 3 players to go over 30 goals also were already established Goals scorers that fell into Trotz's lap. He has yet to produce any homegrown player that produces under his system. Hornqvist is the only one that comes close and he got here by hard work and talent and would produce much more on another team.

Hornqivst, a 30 goal scorer, was both an established scorer and a player the team developed? More of you contradicting yourself and posting nothing that supports your claim of Trotz actually ruining offensive potential.

The 30 goal mark is reached by about 30 players per season ... not over 50 players in season over the past decade ... some seasons as few as 20 players.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I thought the OMG would substitute for the sarcasm smilie but I guess not.

It did for most of us.

Last night was an improved game from Forsberg. There was the unfortunate issue at the blueline where the puck eluded him ... but he got back and took his man on earlier shifts and simplified his offensive game resulting in his first ES point of the season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Recalled for tonight's game against Chicago. I hope both him & Järnkrok stay up.

It looks like he was recalled to replace Hornqvist.

Willy Daunic @WillyD1025 said:
#Preds -- Spaling skating, looks like he's back on his line. Eaves not skating. Hornqvist not here- home for birth of 1st child.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
Forsberg with a team low TOI of 7:59, Clune had 8:25. Only player that was less was Jones at 5:48 but he left the game hurt.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The only reason he was here was because Hornqvist was out. He's back so Forsberg goes back to Milwaukee.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00