Recalled/Assigned: Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I'm a bit confused - is there a contractual reason why Forsberg is getting scratched constantly?

He has yet to play in 10 games over an entire season (despite playing in a total of 14 games so far in his NHL career). Is that the reason? Are we trying to send him to Milwaukee, but he's refusing or something?

Someone help me out with this. :help:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Don't think the contract status has anything to do with it. I think there's some rookie flaws still in his game, some iffy two-way play, and, like many of our forwards, a lack of creating much of anything at even strength. With Nystrom being a fixture on the 3rd line (which he's earned), Forsberg is also one of 6 wingers competing for 5 spots (Forsberg, Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Stalberg, Bourque). Due to the above factors, he would seem to be one of the odd men out in some matchups.

Personally, I also think he's a a bit physically overmatched at this level, and could use some seasoning in Milwaukee before he's ready to make an impact at this level.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I think he's supposed to play tonight.

Willy Daunic ‏@WillyD1025 4h
Clune and Forsberg will be back in the lineup tonight for the #Preds. Hendricks (inj) and Bourque will rotate out.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
Don't think the contract status has anything to do with it. I think there's some rookie flaws still in his game, some iffy two-way play, and, like many of our forwards, a lack of creating much of anything at even strength. With Nystrom being a fixture on the 3rd line (which he's earned), Forsberg is also one of 6 wingers competing for 5 spots (Forsberg, Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Stalberg, Bourque). Due to the above factors, he would seem to be one of the odd men out in some matchups.

Personally, I also think he's a a bit physically overmatched at this level, and could use some seasoning in Milwaukee before he's ready to make an impact at this level.

I agree with what you have said here. IMO I think he just isn't ready for this level yet. All of his points have come on the pp so far and he is a -7. His lone goal was on a 5 on 3 pp.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Forsberg's even strength performance this season is offensive. No points, not even on the ice for a single ES goal, -7. Forsberg, Clune, and Stalberg are the only three forwards on the team without at least one point at ES.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I think if Forsberg was eligible to go to Milwaukee he might be sent down but I believe he either has to stay here or go back to Sweden

Its because Trotz doesn't believe in offense and when Forsberg does something offensive it scares him

I know this is said somewhat jokingly but its getting kinda silly

Trotz had no problem caching Kariya, Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I know this is said somewhat jokingly but its getting kinda silly

Trotz had no problem caching Kariya, Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont...
All of those players were Vets when Trotz got them. He has yet to allow a young player to open up his game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
All of those players were Vets when Trotz got them. He has yet to allow a young player to open up his game.

Hartnell, Radulov, to name two. Hornqvist hasn't turned out too bad, considering he was a 7th round pick. Erat developed into a consistent 50+ point player. Sergei Kostitsyn had his best two statistical seasons under Trotz.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hall, Hartnell, Radulov ... all allowed to score in Nashville but expected to play professional style hockey, not pond hockey.

One of these things is not like the others............. 65 totals goals in 602 Career Games ... Hartnell had 47 goals in his last 2 seasons here, Rudi (44 Goals in 2 seasons)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
One of these things is not like the others............. 65 totals goals in 602 Career Games ... Hartnell had 47 goals in his last 2 seasons here, Rudi (44 Goals in 2 seasons)

Hall's usually part of the "why do so many Preds do great after they leave here (Peverley, Santorelli), but players suck when they come to play here, it must be Trotz" argument. Yeah, well Trotz could get Adam ****** Hall to score double digit goals in three consecutive seasons... :laugh:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

Look at Hall's numbers as a Pred. Three full seasons, 43 goals (16g in 02-03, 13g in 03-04, 14g in 05-06). Hartnell also put up 18 goals in 59 games the season before you noted ... a 25 goal pace for a full season. Radulov's 44 goals over two seasons included appearing in only 64 games his first season.

The Trotz kills all offense diatribes just don't hold up.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Look at Hall's numbers as a Pred. Three full seasons, 43 goals (16g in 02-03, 13g in 03-04, 14g in 05-06). Hartnell also put up 18 goals in 59 games the season before you noted ... a 25 goal pace for a full season. Radulov's 44 goals over two seasons included appearing in only 64 games his first season.

The Trotz kills all offense diatribes just don't hold up.

Look, I agree with Spaceman & Hartnell, but Hall is a grinder, plain and simple, the #'s speak to it.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Look, I agree with Spaceman & Hartnell, but Hall is a grinder, plain and simple, the #'s speak to it.

Yet he was a grinder averaging over 14 goals per season as a Pred. He was the type secondary scorer we, and every team, need. He sure didn't provide many assists as a Pred, but he got the puck in the net.

It's funny how Hall's 14 goals per season are written off as him just being a grinder yet that Henrik Sedin guy only averages 15 goals season (plus a hell of a lot of assists).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I agree with what you have said here. IMO I think he just isn't ready for this level yet. All of his points have come on the pp so far and he is a -7. His lone goal was on a 5 on 3 pp.

Is a Powerplay goal not a goal? I understand he needs to learn a little defense but to me a goal is a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00