Confirmed with Link: Filip Forsberg re-signs 8 years x $8.5 million

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
ok, this feels fuzzy. 8*70=8.75 mil a year. 8*8.5 is 68 mil. Not my money so not complaining. YAY!

A top 6 wing would be awesome too\, but I am greedy.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Reactions: adsfan

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Nashville Predators Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps - 9.6m still in cap space but some RFAs to wrap up. Likely going to finish with around 4-5m in cap space still after wrapping up some AHL and some minimum NHL two-way deals. Then Trenin's deal hopefully be around 2-3m but hoping lower 2s.
Less room than I hoped to get a 2nd line upgrade. I also don't see anything that jumps out as an easy way to clear space now that Kunin is gone.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Less room than I hoped to get a 2nd line upgrade. I also don't see anything that jumps out as an easy way to clear space now that Kunin is gone.
Honestly, while I'd like to add such an upgrade, I fear the cost at this point. There are no contracts of significance coming off the books next offseason, and Fabbro, Carrier, and Jeannot are all going to need new contracts. (Ingram as well, if he delivers as the backup.)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Unfortunately the Turris buyout is hurting us right now. that's 2m in dead cap. Would put us around 6-7m in space which I think could've gotten a deal done with Burakovsky or Nischukinin (not sure if spelled correctly)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I could see them moving Fabbro if they feel he's just not up to being a 2nd line defenseman with our current group and the could get a decent pick and some salary savings. Don't know if I see them going for the 2nd line guy though now. They need $$ for next year or they'll be in a bit of a cap crunch with more expiring contracts that need new deals.

Next year they need to possibly re-sign:
Tanner Jeannot
Alexandre Carrier
Markus Nurmi??
Some other AHLers and new draft stock - 8 picks next year

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Only real play I see at the moment would be to trade a defenseman in order to free up space for a forward upgrade.
What about a package of johansen + fabbro/carrier?

we need to do something different other than adding McD and thinking we are going to even have a small shot. The only way I could see me being wrong is if trenin, jeannot, and tomasino really progress.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
What about a package of johansen + fabbro/carrier?

we need to do something different other than adding McD and thinking we are going to even have a small shot. The only way I could see me being wrong is if trenin, jeannot, and tomasino really progress.

The ones that need to progress are Tomasino and Tolvanen. Glass needs to perform at least as well as that duo did last season. At ES, the team needs to replace Kunin's 13 goals while somehow not having a huge falloff from across the rest of the team.

Shipping out Joey is a bit counterproductive by creating a need to replace 39 ES, 24 PP points. We'd have to bring in a top six center that could produce on PP1 on top of a supplemental middle six scoring winger.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
There are a lot of mid-tier guys available this offseason and not a lot of teams with a lot of cap space so maybe we can pick up a guy on a one year deal that wants to try and up his value.

I do think after next season that one of Fabbro/Carrier could be on the chopping block especially if Farrance starts to really push for a spot.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The ones that need to progress are Tomasino and Tolvanen. Glass needs to perform at least as well as that duo did last season. At ES, the team needs to replace Kunin's 13 goals while somehow not having a huge falloff from across the rest of the team.

Shipping out Joey is a bit counterproductive by creating a need to replace 39 ES, 24 PP points. We'd have to bring in a top six center that could produce on PP1 on top of a supplemental middle six scoring winger.
i mention that package as a straight hockey trade. players for players. i don’t see any of tomasino, tolvanen, or glass matching the ES production. i could see a jump up from trenin and Jeannot.

The most likely (probable) is that Josi and Duchene at the least regress a bit. Lots of questions where the production is actually going to come from to get where we want to be.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
in my dream world, poile would pull a reverse Duchene and ship him out w/ the plans to sign Johnny hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad