Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
How hard was Tampa playing when he scored them? Would he have scored them if they weren't down by so much? Its like in football when the D goes into prevent defense and a shitty team scores some garbage time points when the game is out of hand. Why is this different?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
How hard was Tampa playing when he scored them? Would he have scored them if they weren't down by so much? Its like in football when the D goes into prevent defense and a ****ty team scores some garbage time points when the game is out of hand. Why is this different?

Goals are goals, it doesn't matter. It's also not like he just played well this game and not the others. He's been great since his call up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
How hard was Tampa playing when he scored them? Would he have scored them if they weren't down by so much? Its like in football when the D goes into prevent defense and a ****ty team scores some garbage time points when the game is out of hand. Why is this different?

lol

how hard were we playing when Tampa scored their goals? Do those not count either? What was the score for goals that counted. 2-1?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Because this isn't football. Getting yards is a lot easier than scoring goals. I can't find the final shot tally but the Lightning were outshooting the Rangers by more than 10 shots in the 3rd period at some point. Terrible take.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
No, they don't. Goals in garbage time do not count. Goals on empty nets do not count. Goals when your team is up by 3 or more goals do not count. Goals scored on opposition who came in at 3 am for a 1 pm game do not count. Yikes. Going to be some lean scoring years in the NHL.

I almost missed the sarcasm in this post, lol

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So great seeing chytil's progression, but I could've done without the fist pump on the 8 2 goal. LOL at Joe saying he was slashed on the play and shaking his hand.

Reactions: romba

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It's not different... those points count too.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
How hard was our PK playing when they rattled off the first few goals? Would they have scored them if our PK knew what it was doing?

You don't weight points by how much the other team cared when they were scored because you will literally always be guessing.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Because this isn't football. Getting yards is a lot easier than scoring goals. I can't find the final shot tally but the Lightning were outshooting the Rangers by more than 10 shots in the 3rd period at some point. Terrible take.

Final SOG total was 45-23. More than half of the Rangers shots came from 3 players: Panarin (6), Chytil (3), Andersson(3).

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
No, they don't. Goals in garbage time do not count. Goals on empty nets do not count. Goals when your team is up by 3 or more goals do not count. Goals scored on opposition who came in at 3 am for a 1 pm game do not count. Yikes. Going to be some lean scoring years in the NHL.
Couldn't disagree more.
Goals always count it shows he didn’t give up and kept playing the best that he could.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
So great seeing chytil's progression, but I could've done without the fist pump on the 8 2 goal. LOL at Joe saying he was slashed on the play and shaking his hand.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand this mentality. If your team is getting shellacked and you do the Yakupov celly after finally netting one - yeah, probably not a good look. The team was finally able to put one foot in front of the other and he does a 2 second fist pump to psyche himself up/release some frustration and we have a problem with it? He wasn't even smiling - the camera panned to him fist bumping his teammates after and they all looked like a they were at a wake.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm sorry, but I can't stand this mentality. If your team is getting shellacked and you do the Yakupov celly after finally netting one - yeah, probably not a good look. The team was finally able to put one foot in front of the other and he does a 2 second fist pump to psyche himself up/release some frustration and we have a problem with it? He wasn't even smiling - the camera panned to him fist bumping his teammates after and they all looked like a they were at a wake.
Agree to disagree, it's not as if he hasn't been scoring with some regularity recently. He didn't just end a 20 game goal drought. I personally found it embarrassing, and certainly something NYR fans would chirp if the shoe were on the other foot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad