Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kid's on fire now...

So what's been the difference? The shift to wing? Better linemates? More ice time?

I know, probably all the above; but great to see him potting a few.
Playing with Kreider and Hayes. They create a lot of room/opportunities and drive the play.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
lias will end up on wing because zib will be an elite #2, howden will be an elite #3 and somehow someone is gonna get me an elite #1 lol

Reactions: jas

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think Lias' skating takes a lot of undue criticism but, by his own admission, that and core strength were the two areas that he had to work on the most this summer.

It is one thing about his game that he can and should try to improve. Is it enough on its own to keep him from being a 2C? Probably not, but it is an area that management identified for him to channel his offseason into.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
One thing I am hopeful he changes is he consistently puts himself in vulnerable positions all over the ice. He often slouches and sticks his head in first which is an extremely dangerous play. I love his skill but he needs to curtail some of that

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lias needs to get stronger on the boards as many his age do. He’s not a slick player who creates space, not at the NHL level at least yet, so he needs to win those one on one board battles to give himself some time and space to think or if he’s outmatched to make a quick play (chip it past the defender, quick stick lift and poke towards a teammate) before the puck gets jammed up to keep it moving. He needs to decide his move though before the play happens instead of reacting.

He’ll get there, just needs time to get a still stronger core and balance when getting pushed around, practice, watch video, and play. His minutes will go up as he gains confidence and improves.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree it’s not an issue, but I feel if your playing center skating should be a strength. Maybe that’s closed minded, but center iceman have a lot of ground to cover.

To quote my former rugby coach. "if you're always running to get into position, it means you're always out of position"

If you can read the play, you can get to where the puck will be without being the fastest in the game. And I think Lias reads the game really well.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
To quote my former rugby coach. "if you're always running to get into position, it means you're always out of position"

If you can read the play, you can get to where the puck will be without being the fastest in the game. And I think Lias reads the game really well.

I agree with you, and you are definitely right. He just reminds me a lot of Stepan. You and think the game and you can play the position, but if Stepan could skate like Chytil he would’ve been in the same category as Toews. You get where I’m coming from?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
its that and his stride makes him look slower then he truly is

I agree with this. He moves around the ice quite well, but he doesn't look graceful while doing it. People (in a general sense) seem to sometimes struggle to separate how something looks from the actual results. Like people thinking Hayes is a slow skater...dude can actually move very well and I think people forget that he's 6'5, but he does not have "quick feet" and his style isn't one that makes him look fast (along with his tendency to slow down the play)

e: as for Chytil, just going to be a process as it always is with young players. He needs to continue getting stronger and learn how to use his leverage along the boards better at times. Learn how to get his shot off or make the most of his moves, etc. But his recent production is encouraging

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
told u guys he's legit

sometimes your own fanbase is the hardest and most critical of respective prospect

i did the same with pettersson

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

is it reactionary when I've had my chytil is 1c stance since day 1? I know you might not like it because you were one of the most cautious poster about him

like I remember arguing that Shesyorkin didn't belong anywhere near Chytil for top rangers prospects

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
is it reactionary when I've had my chytil is 1c stance since day 1? I know you might not like it because you were one of the most cautious poster about him

like I remember arguing that Shesyorkin didn't belong anywhere near Chytil for top rangers prospects

I still don't know if he's a 1 C, or even a center. But I definitely think he's at least a top 6 forward prospect.

But I guess if that's cautious, or somehow a slight on Chytil or signifies some kind of doubt, count me in that category still.

But that's certainly news to me, considering I've consistently praised Chytil, his progress and his potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: NY Lito and WeRa

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
ruined-saved.jpg

If someone with photostop skills wants to put Quinn's head over Bob and have Chytil on the blank canvas....

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Chytil-Hayes is probably the most dominant 5v5 forward duo in the league right now; in their 91 minutes together at 5v5 they have outchanced their opposition 67-24 (74 SCF%), 37-7 in high-danger chances (84 HDCF%) and outscored them 5-0. The rate they have been generating high-danger scoring chances is higher than what 22 teams have managed 5v4 and they have done so getting more defensive zone starts than offensive zone starts. The splits are pretty much the same whether Kreider, Zuccarello or Fast has been the third man on the line.

Last edited:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Elite high skilled forwards whether prospects or not don’t miss an empty net inside of 4 minutes to go trailing by 1. Another good but not great youngster.

Hayes set him up for a wide open net and he shot it wide. But Tom Wilson hits the same sized net dead center with a guy all over him from 200’

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Elite high skilled forwards whether prospects or not don’t miss an empty net inside of 4 minutes to go trailing by 1. Another good but not great youngster.

Hayes set him up for a wide open net and he shot it wide. But Tom Wilson hits the same sized net dead center with a guy all over him from 200’

There's a big difference between picking a corner to get the puck past the goalie or shooting at an empty net.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad