Recalled/Assigned: Filip Chytil to AHL

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jeff Gorton said the Rangers will have more control/more input on how Chytil is used,how many minutes he plays,who he plays with,etc in the AHL than in the Czech Republic. The Rangers could bring him up in the future.

Reactions: Revel

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jeff Gorton said the Rangers will have more control/more input on how Chytil is used,how many minutes he plays,who he plays with,etc in the AHL than in the Czech Republic. The Rangers could bring him up in the future.

And that makes total sense. Assuming McCambridge is given specific directives on how and when to use him, and he follows through, the Rangers can develop Chytil as they see fit. And at the same time he can acclimate to the culture and the game and all that stuff.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
CHL should not even be an option for a kid who's been playing in a men's league already.

To BRF, I'd say he didn't get sent back home so maybe we should view going to Hartford as "getting a reach shot". There certainly will be plenty of eyes on him, he should be able to get adequate ice time and decent (for AHL level) linemates. If he performs, there is no reason not to think that he will get another chance with the Rangers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah, it's North Bay and they're complete trash... North Bay is such a bad team that certain mid rounder Adam Thilander went undrafted... I don't want Chytil anywhere near the trainwreck that is North Bay.
Complete trash? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. They missed the playoffs for the first time in their existence last season. And just barely despite being completely decimated by key injuries.

And Thilander went undrafted last season because he failed to adjust to North American ice and was a mess defensively. His fellow countrymen seem to feel the same way about him since he's nowhere near being on the radar for a WJ appearance.

I really have no opinion on Chytil one way or another because I haven't seen a ton of him. But if he's a guy who needs to learn a good two way game, North Bay is probably a good option considering Stan Butler's MO is to develop responsible forwards. See Mike Amadio, Barclay Goodrow, Nick Paul, Brett McKenzie.

Chytil is definitely a few tiers above Robin Kovacs but the Rangers obviously made the wrong choice last time around.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We already went over the developmental history of an organization like NB. It’s not a good option for Chytil.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Very good article... despite the absolutely unnecessary shot at Dan Boyle :laugh:.

I would still very much prefer sending him home rather than playing him in Hartford all year.

He hasn't dominated Extraliga yet. It's not like he'd be going back to a league that he's outgrown.

Question: are the rinks in the Czech league true international sized or a little smaller?

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hopefully Filip can adjust to the NA game in the AHL and Gorton is probably hoping after a few months they will give him another shot with the Rangers. For a kid like Filip, with the massive strides he made in the last 6 months alone, it could be a matter of months before he is able to come up and contribute.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Very good article... despite the absolutely unnecessary shot at Dan Boyle :laugh:.

I would still very much prefer sending him home rather than playing him in Hartford all year.

He hasn't dominated Extraliga yet. It's not like he'd be going back to a league that he's outgrown.

Question: are the rinks in the Czech league true international sized or a little smaller?

That Dan Boyle comment is so childish.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brooks holds on to a gripe longer than a bored suburban housewife.

And it makes him look like an idiot because how a player performs on the ice doesn't change what he can bring in the locker room when it comes to experience. But Brooks is still butt hurt

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
So he went pointless in game 1 of his AHL career, but how did he play? Anybody watch?

This season will not be like last season in regards to AHL, ECHL, and CHL streams. The person who was responsible for supplying all of the Canadian Junior and AHL + ECHL streams for free has officially stopped.

Now, the only people that will be able to watch games in any of these leagues will be the ones who pay the exorbitant prices for the packages Neulion offers. This is the way it should be, I guess, but the prices are ridiculously high. If they came down a bit, I would definitely buy at least the Wolfpack package. But it's unaffordable for me.

Anyway, yeah...last season tons of us watched our prospects in all of these leagues. This year, none of us will be able to unless we fork over major $$$.

Beacon and Osminator used to buy the AHL package in the past...but I don't know anyone else who bothers.

This really sucks. There is so much going on in Hartford right now that would be fun to watch.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's not worth it to buy the AHL package because the quality is complete garbage.

At that price, I shouldn't be getting 360p/480p video. No reason for it.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, onhockey not streaming AHL, ECHL or CHL anymore is going to heavily impede our coverage from NA, it's very frustrating.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Who is Chytil's player mentor in Hfd? Who is the foster family hosting him? Is he getting English lessons? Kid needs to be coddled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad