Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It’s like they were running short on time and just decided to go with the first Czech player off the top of their head not named Jagr. In fact, even Jagr is a better comparison than freakin Plekanec.

They do that all the time.

Lias Andersson = Jesper Fast because both are Swedish, drafted by the Rangers and played for HV71
Vitali Kravtsov = Evgeni Kuznetsov because both played for Traktor
Filip Chytil = Tomáš Plekanec because both are Czech

Reactions: Buchnevich89

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I would compare him to a poor man's Modano. He has similar size. Passing should be there eventually as he gets more confidence. His shot is really good. His skating is fantastic. You could easily say even in a really good first round draft he would go top 12 now if they did that draft again.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You’d laugh but I see a lot of Zibanejad which might not be a big stretch given that their are teammates and Chytil has got to see a lot of the Swede since being drafted.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You’d laugh but I see a lot of Zibanejad which might not be a big stretch given that their are teammates and Chytil has got to see a lot of the Swede since being drafted.
Haha I kind of see it now that I think about it, but Chytil is still pretty raw. Idk, he’s a very unique player.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They do that all the time.

Lias Andersson = Jesper Fast because both are Swedish, drafted by the Rangers and played for HV71
Vitali Kravtsov = Evgeni Kuznetsov because both played for Traktor
Filip Chytil = Tomáš Plekanec because both are Czech

Pavel Buchnevich = Ryan Callahan because they are both gritty American forwards drafted by the Rangers in the 3rd round or later

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Is Texas Ranger.

It is interesting that Chytil is on pace for relatively the same number assists that he had last year but man, his ability to put the puck in the net has taken a drastic step forward.

There'd be more assists if only Buchnevich wasn't fighting pucks since about the time Chytil got called back up, but it looks like the Russian (the American?) is starting to get his scoring touch back so I'm pretty sure Chytil's number of assists will increase and his goals/assists ratio will get normalized.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Best kind of Walker.

Imperial

613rK1c-g%2BL._SX466_.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I actually think he's similar to Hertl in style of play. Bring on the hate

A good comparison with a fellow countryman isn't a lazy one. You can find proper comparisons, but in general, the comparisons (especially by the NBC crew) are just based on where the player came through the academy, and who drafts him (i.e. Lias Andersson being Jesper Fast, Vitali Kravtsov being Evgeni Kuznetsov)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A good comparison with a fellow countryman isn't a lazy one. You can find proper comparisons, but in general, the comparisons (especially by the NBC crew) are just based on where the player came through the academy, and who drafts him (i.e. Lias Andersson being Jesper Fast, Vitali Kravtsov being Evgeni Kuznetsov)
To be fair....isn't kuznetsov the same comparison you yourself have made multiple times? Including to me in person lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To be fair....isn't kuznetsov the same comparison you yourself have made multiple times? Including to me in person lol

Nope. The comparison for Kravtsov I made was Filip Forsberg. The only times I compare Kravtsov to Kuznetsov, is when I looked at production by Russians in their D+1 season in the KHL.

Reactions: Speedtrials

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Nope. The comparison for Kravtsov I made was Filip Forsberg. The only times I compare Kravtsov to Kuznetsov, is when I looked at production by Russians in their D+1 season in the KHL.
I don't see the forsberg comparison at all...forsberg uses physicality to create separation kravtsov uses his reach to keep the puck away. Kravtsov also has a flashier game I think forsberg has the flash but plays a more meat and potatoes game most of the time. He's clearly a highly skilled guy, but he engages in battles to buy himself time. He doesn't try to skate through guys with dangles all the time either.

Reactions: brakeyawself

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
With every game he’s more and more exceeding any reasonable optimistic expectations for this season. I was cautiously high on Chytil making strides this season but his jump is mind boggling!

Again given his age it’s very likely he’s ultimately a better player than Zibanejad.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't see the forsberg comparison at all...forsberg uses physicality to create separation kravtsov uses his reach to keep the puck away. Kravtsov also has a flashier game I think forsberg has the flash but plays a more meat and potatoes game most of the time. He's clearly a highly skilled guy, but he engages in battles to buy himself time. He doesn't try to skate through guys with dangles all the time either.
My comparison for him has always been Pettersson, they’re both very lanky with loose strides, identical shooting mechanics, both have incredible hands and are ridiculously creative you’ll see them perform very similar dekes as well as banking the puck off of the back of net to themselves; I’ve never seen anyone else make this comparison but a few people have agreed with me when I’ve posted it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad