Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Loving what i'm seeing from Chytil. Even though he scored some nice goals last season he never really looked involved or in control of the play. This season he looks a grown ass man out there, causing things to happen more often, looking confident, strong, fast, and decisive.
Definitely more involved, but I feel he has more to give. Still getting pushed around out there. If the youngster continues to progress, he could be a handful to play against.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chytil did not have a good preseason. That trip to Hartford helped him a lot. To me it looks like he's turned a corner. 7 goals and 9 points (all even strength) is very very good for a 21 year old and he's no longer hesitant--he's involved in the play. He's not hitting (but that's not a big part of his game--at least yet) but he's taking and rolling off hits and going into combat areas and he's backchecking a hell of a lot better. This guy has the talent, the size and strength to be a big deal player and it looks to me like he's really figuring it out now. So major improvement from him and we can see as well that Kakko's figuring out things too. Those two should be legit 1st line players in the near future--maybe as soon as next year. Add in Panarin and a healthy Zibanejad--an improving Buchnevich and the Rangers offense could really be something. I also think Lemieux is showing good signs--you always need a net front guy or two.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The points will come for Chytil. But to be fair the production IS there. He has 9 in 12. 0.75 PPG. That would be good for 61 points over 82 games. I would say that is pretty darn good for a 21st overall pick that needed to go to Hartford to sort some things out. And most of his points, if not all, have come at ES, which is more telling of how good he has been because he is not gathering his points with the other team a man down and the ice more open.

Biggest difference is he is winning physical puck battles in the corners and along the boards and then distributing the puck leading to offensive chances. He is driving the net. He is ENGAGED and not shying away. Chytil looked bigger this year when he came into camp and in preseason on the ice however he wasn’t using that growth in size/strength. He was shying away and looking passive out there. Night and Day difference. Once a player of his caliber figures out what it takes to be successful at this level, it sticks and he continues to lean on those instincts that have developed. This kid is only scratching the surface of what he can be, which to me looks like a consistent 70+ point player when its all said and done

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Chytil did not have a good preseason. That trip to Hartford helped him a lot. To me it looks like he's turned a corner. 7 goals and 9 points (all even strength) is very very good for a 21 year old and he's no longer hesitant--he's involved in the play. He's not hitting (but that's not a big part of his game--at least yet) but he's taking and rolling off hits and going into combat areas and he's backchecking a hell of a lot better. This guy has the talent, the size and strength to be a big deal player and it looks to me like he's really figuring it out now. So major improvement from him and we can see as well that Kakko's figuring out things too. Those two should be legit 1st line players in the near future--maybe as soon as next year. Add in Panarin and a healthy Zibanejad--an improving Buchnevich and the Rangers offense could really be something. I also think Lemieux is showing good signs--you always need a net front guy or two.
I would like a bit more snarl to go with all you said. I hope our scouts are targeting
Players with heart grit and skill. LGR!

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would like a bit more snarl to go with all you said. I hope our scouts are targeting
Players with heart grit and skill. LGR!

I would too. The Rangers need more forward depth--those 3rd and 4th liners who can give quality minutes and play a heavy game. Guys who will show up on the scoresheet fairly often and can play a gritty responsible game. Lemieux was a great pickup for us and he's diversifying his game--taking on a third line role--killing penalties, hitting, fighting, getting under skins. We could use another player or two like him. He's already a fan favorite. IMO a team needs all kinds of different elements and talent is essential but you cannot win on talent alone.

It's one of the reasons I much prefer Quinn over AV--he wants his team to play hard and be willing to play physical hockey and he doesn't mind guys dropping the gloves.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
His backchecking has been near perfect. He gets in lanes and is typically always in a good position.

Faceoffs are the obvious issue at the moment.

I've been loving the Kreider Chytil Buch line

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Tomas Plekanec was a first line center who had a 70 point year and multiple 50+ point years. I don't know how you can simultaneously compared someone to Plekanec and say their potential is a 3C.

because too many people still think its 1986 and you can only be a 1st line player if you are putting up 100-point seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad