OT: FIFA World Cup

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
This was to be Michael Bradley's coming out party during the World Cup. He has be absolutely atrocious the entire tourney. He's a turnover machine.

The guy that looks like Dean Pelton? I don't even watch soccer and thought that guy was horrible. The plays would just die on his foot.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
The guy that looks like Dean Pelton? I don't even watch soccer and thought that guy was horrible. The plays would just die on his foot.

He was the US's best player during 12-13, but was awful this tournament. It's a real shame, he's normally really good.

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
this Brazil v.Colombia game should be very entertaining, dont see either teams pride letting them sit back.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
lol soccer. theres so few shots in soccer you would think when someone has a clear up close they would at least get it near the net.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
lol soccer. theres so few shots in soccer you would think when someone has a clear up close they would at least get it near the net.

Well, even when trained like a professional, one's hands are a far more precise tool than one's feet. :) That's why it literally happens to the best of them, even though it makes it look amateur-ish a lot of the time. Hell, that may even be part of the charme. This way, I can always count on sitting to a 55-year old man who can't make a straight run to the restrooms without taking a smoke break to tell me he would have finished these chances with ease... :D

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA
There goes my wanting for a close and exciting semifinal game, at least there's lots of goal scoring! Rooting for Germany but hope Brazil can make it a little more interesting

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
yeah it was shockingly like game7 last year. was rooting for germany but man it made me a little sick. that last goal was basically the same thing as when i got that text "hey... at least the ducks scored one"

total empathy for brazil tonight.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I've always liked Joachim Löw and didn't want to say anything when I first read this. But yeah. :)
I'll eat gladly crow if we win the Final :laugh: ;)

But to be fair, Germany didn't really play that well (minus the Portugal game) till the QF when he changed the team. Also Löw finally adapted his tactics instead of sticking with the same ones throughout, so full credit to him for (finally) learning from the last 2 tournaments. Two of my biggest pet peaves of mine with him he's corrected so I can't argue.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
It's like a Sarah McLachlan commercial

Qz9dK96.gif

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Game 7 sucked, but at least we aren't Brazil.

:laugh:

I was zapping around my TV channels, came back to the game after it already was 0 - 1 and then if was 0 - 5 and I thought my eyesight has gone even a worse turn :amazed: .

@duckaroosky

You are a animated gif goldmine...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad