OT: FIFA World Cup

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Who do you guys think the "neutral" Brazilians will be cheering for in the final? Will it be the team that beat them, or will they side with their arch-rivals because of the commonality of continent?

Germany.

It seems like the Brazilian media and fans have come around to acknowledging that Germany is a far superior team. Of course not to the degree that scoreline suggested.

An Argentinian win would crush Brazil's soul once again.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Germany.

It seems like the Brazilian media and fans have come around to acknowledging that Germany is a far superior team. Of course not to the degree that scoreline suggested.

An Argentinian win would crush Brazil's soul once again.

I would tend to agree. I think some Brazilian fans actually cheered Germany for the good soccer that they were playing towards the end of the Brazilian match. I hope Germany can contribute meaningfully to produce a game that is well worth watching again on Sunday.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
funny-memes-julio-cesar.jpg

jetkarma*

Nice to end the tournament by spanking Brazil , as Van Gaal said , 7 games and no losses is quite good .

NT seems to be cohesive which is a HUGE plus for Holland , a great sign going forward. Keep the developing the jong oranje :)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Nice to end the tournament by spanking Brazil , as Van Gaal said , 7 games and no losses is quite good .

NT seems to be cohesive which is a HUGE plus for Holland , a great sign going forward. Keep the developing the jong oranje :)

Brazil was a disgrace for the whole country. And I'm not even talking about the 11 players on the pitch, they were just the idiots that had to go through it. Seriously, what happened over the last maybe 7 days over there was just plain stupid.

From the beginning they put soooo much pressure on them. Make us forget that this country is treating us poorly. Make us forget we live in favelas. Make us forget that everyone is corrupt.
Do all this for us AND play awesome football AND win the tournament. If you don't, we have nothing to live for. Oh, and btw, Neymar is more important than my own life. That's why we should celebrate and talk about Neymar in every single moment, someone asks us about our team or if someone has a camera in their hand.

"How You Do Absolutely Everything Wrong During The Elimination Round At A Home World Cup

by the entire Brazilian Nation"

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like this game. Refs letting them play, and both teams playing hard soccer.

100% agree puck luck has kept it at 0-0 but it is a really open and fun game with both teams pressing forward.

jetkarma*

These two teams and the Netherlands really were by far the three best teams in the tournament.
Thank you :)

What could have been ... sigh :)

Great reaction by the Dutch squad after the tournament , perhaps the infighting and ego issues are in the past. On to Euro 2016.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Whoooow! This is ****ing awesome! Finally1! finally we did it! It feels like such a hufe reliefe. We finally did it. Since I was a kid I saw us play the WC. We always came soo close and never ever got to fibally make it. Bayern winning the Champions League and now this. If they win the Euro in 2 years, I'm gonna be a happy German socver Fan for the Rest of my life.

Cheers friends. This is a great night for us. It means everything to us. We maybe dont live in favelas but this country comes together When its the WC, every ethnic group and our multicultural nation is One. Now we did it.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Great goal to win it; was glad it didn't go to penalties. Germany were definitely the best team over the tournament and deserved to win it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Whoooow! This is ****ing awesome! Finally1! finally we did it! It feels like such a hufe reliefe. We finally did it. Since I was a kid I saw us play the WC. We always came soo close and never ever got to fibally make it. Bayern winning the Champions League and now this. If they win the Euro in 2 years, I'm gonna be a happy German socver Fan for the Rest of my life.

Cheers friends. This is a great night for us. It means everything to us. We maybe dont live in favelas but this country comes together When its the WC, every ethnic group and our multicultural nation is One. Now we did it.

Congrats GJF :handclap: Enjoy your celebration!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: