OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
hard not to like this England team man

Sweden losing Lustik to yellow cards last game hurt them badly.
They were no where near as organized in the back as we had previously seen. But yeah England are playing a solid possesion type game and do have some depth of quality. It would be cool to see Belgium against England in the final after they initially played the game no one wanted to win.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Sweden losing Lustik to yellow cards last game hurt them badly.
They were no where near as organized in the back as we had previously seen. But yeah England are playing a solid possesion type game and do have some depth of quality. It would be cool to see Belgium against England in the final after they initially played the game no one wanted to win.
I think Belgium (or France) will pretty much destroy England in the final. Let's see if they can get past Croatia first.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Belgium (or France) will pretty much destroy England in the final. Let's see if they can get past Croatia first.

Like I mentioned to @admiralcadillac there in no team remaining who can destroy England. They are better than most want to admit.

Let's see if Croatia can get by Russia before we talk about them getting by England.
So far only one of those teams is through!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I still want France-England as last game

Belgium has been weak in their D, Mbappe will worry them
If somehow Russia beats Croatia (and England), I want them tested for drugs :laugh:

Reactions: Rapala

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Like I mentioned to @admiralcadillac there in no team remaining who can destroy England. They are better than most want to admit.

Let's see if Croatia can get by Russia before we talk about them getting by England.
So far only one of those teams is through!
England will lose to Belgium/France by at least 2 goals provided they will even make it to the final.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
England will lose to Belgium/France by at least 2 goals provided they will even make it to the final.

I think a one goal differential at best.
France are the best side but that doesn't mean anything in a one game format. Anything can and probably will happen.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I still want France-England as last game

Belgium has been weak in their D, Mbappe will worry them
If somehow Russia beats Croatia (and England), I want them tested for drugs :laugh:

Doesn't confirm anything but people already have their suspicions. I'm 100% for Russia winning and I've been cheering for them from the start but it's not like they aren't known to dabble in the cheating. Being in Russia doesn't help.

Reactions: Bryson and ArtPeur

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I think a one goal differential at best.
France are the best side but that doesn't mean anything in a one game format. Anything can and probably will happen.
Anything can happen in 1 match for sure, but I am sticking to my story - talent over character. :sarcasm:
I actually had Fra, Bel, Cro and Ger as the final 4 in my pool before games started.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Swe-done. England's "fooligans" going wild.

What kind of World Cup is this? Germany out in the group stage and England in the semis.

Projection ... Belgium over Croatia in the finals.

Bizarro world like when Superman gets in touch with red cryptonite!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
England vs Russia
Belgium vs France

Holy ****!

Not sure I'm counting Croatia out just yet.

But those semi-final match-ups would be

tumblr_ov43u6wmdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fun little fact:

In 1978, Argentina won the World Cup in.... Argentina.
In 1998, France won the World Cup in.... France.
In 2018, could Russia win the World Cup in.... Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad