OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fernandes' penalty was what did them here, for me. He went to blast it instead of placing it. And Akinfeev was unlucky on the Modric penalty.

Reactions: Redux91

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I only have 1 team left in my bracket (France). I suppose this world cup messed up a lot people's brackets though.

Reactions: Rapala

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Fernandes' penalty was what did them here, for me. He went to blast it instead of placing it. And Akinfeev was unlucky on the Modric penalty.
Terrible time for their luck to run out. No shame in what Russia just did. They probably wouldn't have qualified if it wasn't in Russia and most people expected Egypt to make it out of the group and not them. They played hard every game and rarely dove. Great story and it's incredibly unfortunate they couldn't pull it off. The dude that tried to chip it over the keeper and Fernandes missing the net compounded with Modric ball luck makes it feel pretty sour but there really is no shame in it.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Glad the Ruskies are out, back to Siberia. Enough of these teams playing with 11 men behind the ball. They barely touched the ball in the 2nd half.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Cannot believe England is through to the semis, maybe they set the fire alarm off at the Swedish hotel. Just glad I’m over here as the media will be insufferable (especially with no Murray at Wimbledon). I’m supporting Belgium to win the whole she-bang

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If someone has already posted this pic from the ongoing WC I apologize;

alex-ovechkin-holds-stanley-cup-at-world-cup-368x207.jpg

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
It'll be France or England. I can't see Croatia muster the energy to beat England unless the English goalie is really bad, 2 games with extra time and penalties in a row.

He won’t be bad, he’s a mackem like my husband (which is why you can’t understand him when he’s interviewed lol). Our goalie is on fire right now

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
He won’t be bad, he’s a mackem like my husband (which is why you can’t understand him when he’s interviewed lol). Our goalie is on fire right now

I know what a mackem is, I once dated a girl from Newcastle and she called people from Sunderland for mackems (especially football fans).

Reactions: CalgarySnow

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I think no one saw England getting this far. I’m still I shock. Croatia will be a test

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Gutted that both Sweden and Russia lost. Especially Russia. Sweden couldn't make it to the finals by parking the bus (I didnt watch the game, dunno if they did the same against England). Idk but I find Croatia to be lucky. Yes they have good players, but they couldn't beat Denmark and Russia in 120 minutes. It could've gone either way in each games.I do respect Croatia (being a small country and going this far) but if Croatia manages to get into the finals, Belgium will absolutely destroy them.

My pick is Belgium - England. Belgium to win.

I think no one saw England getting this far. I’m still I shock. Croatia will be a test

I think the opposite. Matter of fact I now believe it's a real test for both teams. Croatia hadn't faced a team of England's caliber, same with England, Colombia to an extent though... and obv the game against Belgium doesn't count.

France faced Uruguay, Belgium had a real test against Brazil. Meunier will sadly have to miss the game and that can be crucial for les Diables Rouges.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I have 3 out of 4 :)
I was 4 for 4 in my quarter final prediction.

France will beat Belgium and Croatia will beat England with France winning the entire thing. .

I’d rather see England in the final with France because the English team is so likeable but if I were a betting man, I’d have to stick with Croatia.

Vive la France

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
France vs. England in the final would be the best thing ever. One of the oldest rivalry facing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->