OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
My boys from Belgium are looking good!

Lukaku with two today and Hazard with another two. De Bruyne, playmaker exceptional!

xZF_frWiP6uNsddx_768x432.jpg

Reactions: Jtown

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Pretty awful take, really.

You're looking for a country that is only relevant for short periods every generation, pick up a legion of fans that initially know very little about football, have players that dive and whine to refs on the regular...

I'm looking at you Netherlands. :p:

Author's note: I like watching Dutch football.

Yeah that was my initial thought. I loved watching Dutch football in the past decade or two, but how they acted (plus some Matt Cooke level moments) for example against Spain in the WC 2010 finals was Penguins level.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I love Japan, obviously, but I don't care too much about their football team. I like Senegal, but this tournament is sorely missing Ghana and Ivory Coast (and of course the Netherlands and Italy).

Reactions: Foggy14

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A bit of fun from a football website:

If we are signing Brazilians based purely on name ...

Bactéria, Ben-Hur Moreira Peres, Rudigullithi, Mahatma Gandhi Pires, Creedence Clearwater Couto, Yago Pikachu & Wenderson Tsunami. Argel F***s is available for managing that lot too. :D

BraziliansXI-2_3286684b.jpg

Reactions: Foggy14

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Can I just say, soccer players are a bunch of *****es(cat's). Seriously, if they implemented the diving rule it would be a great thing. You dive, you lose possession. It's sickening to watch.

Hockey's not much better

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Can I just say, soccer players are a bunch of *****es(cat's). Seriously, if they implemented the diving rule it would be a great thing. You dive, you lose possession. It's sickening to watch.

It is sickening. You have to learn to ignore or it or just not watch altogether, that's basically the only way to stomach it, at least in international football.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

there has been a noticeable p***yfication in two big time north american sports with the introduction of europeans into those leagues. Not gonna name which ones but im sure you can figure it out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hockey's not much better
I disagree with that because of the frequency that it happens in soccer. Every time there is a 50/50 chance for a header, one guy ends up lying on the ground writhing in pain with his hands on his face.

It is sickening. You have to learn to ignore or it or just not watch altogether, that's basically the only way to stomach it, at least in international football.
I just find it so odd how it's "acceptable" and never called out by announcers. Just get the f*** up!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just find it so odd how it's "acceptable" and never called out by announcers. Just get the **** up!

You can't go by the announcers in this tournament too much - they are some of the worst I have ever heard. In England they do call it out, but not as much as you would like them to. The only way it is ever going to change is if the rules are altered and then enforced - but in order to do that, people (officials as well as fans) have to want it to change, and that's not the case for the majority of the world. In Spain and South America especially this is just part of the game. It sucks donkey balls, but that's the way it is.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You can't go by the announcers in this tournament too much - they are some of the worst I have ever heard. In England they do call it out, but not as much as you would like them to. The only way it is ever going to change is if the rules are altered and then enforced - but in order to do that, people (officials as well as fans) have to want it to change, and that's not the case for the majority of the world. In Spain and South America especially this is just part of the game. It sucks donkey balls, but that's the way it is.
And this is why I watch a few games every 4 years...lol.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I disagree with that because of the frequency that it happens in soccer. Every time there is a 50/50 chance for a header, one guy ends up lying on the ground writhing in pain with his hands on his face.

I just find it so odd how it's "acceptable" and never called out by announcers. Just get the **** up!

When a stick ends up around a player's face, how often do you see their head snap back?

Fans and announcers do call diving behavior out in soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad