OT: FIFA World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I thought it would be nice to have a seperate thread for this to spare those who aren't interested in the tourney.

Group Stage schedule

Group A

Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

Group B

Spain
Netherlands
Chile
Australia

Group C

Colombia
Greece
Côte d'Ivoire (aka Ivory Coast)
Japan

Group D

Uruguay
Costa Rica
England
Italy

Group E

Switzerland
Ecuador
France
Honduras

Group F

Argentina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Iran
Nigeria

Group G

Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

Group H

Belgium
Algeria
Russia
South Korea

Voting ends after every team has played a game (= 5 days).

fifa-world-cup-brasil-2014.png

Last edited:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Team Netherland will win Team Germany in the finals. Sneijder scores the winning goal.

I feel for Team Japan, Korea and USA, too. Group B and G look the toughest on paper.

Last edited:

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I'd like Italy to win it, but don't think they have enough ammo. Germany is strong candidate.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm going out on a limb and predict Uruguay as the winner. No way do I think that a Euro team will win. Brazil is the easy pick, followed by Argentina. Those would be my top three. Team USA won't win a game.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I'm going out on a limb and predict Uruguay as the winner. No way do I think that a Euro team will win. Brazil is the easy pick, followed by Argentina. Those would be my top three. Team USA won't win a game.

Euro teams have quite an edge, though. Teams like Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Enland and France are the rop runners. I'd love to see the American continent to do better than last two WCs but just don't see it. They lack star power.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Euro teams have quite an edge, though. Teams like Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Enland and France are the rop runners. I'd love to see the American continent to do better than last two WCs but just don't see it. They lack star power.

1310483412100.jpg

I'm gonna say it's either Uruguay,Argentiina,Brazil or Germany. Belgium as a dark horse if they figure out how to play as a team.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, the world cup has me and everyone I know divided. ME, my parents, and a couple of my friends are Croatian (a least of descent). Several of my friends are of Italian descent. One of my friends is of Portugese decent. One is of Belgian descent. The lady I am seeing is actually straight up American (actually from Minneapolis, MN).

This is gonna be good! :scared:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I just have a feeling that the Netherlands will crash out early this year, after getting close in South Africa.

I voted Brazil, I really think that they will be overcome the immense pressure that they'll be under, and use it to their advantage.

If they don't win though, I think I would put Italy as my second choice. Disappointing 2010 for them, I think they'll be due for a rebound.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I'm gonna be optimistic here.
USA can beat Ghana- 3 points
Portugal is incredibly over rated and always choke in international competition- an upset puts us through, a draw and we can try to park the bus against Germany to get through.

My realistic prediction
Ghana- 2-1 Win
Portugal- 1-1 draw
Germany- 3-1 loss, needing help from Ghana. We don't get it. A solid effort in the group of death.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
For those who haven't voted, remember this: no European side has ever won a World Cup hosted in the Americas.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Portugal is going to destroy everyone.

Umm... no. Cristian Ronaldo will run out of hair gel and losts his beauty bag, will be devastated and his game will go down the drain. The dude can play though. But can't stand him.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Peter Nurse ‏@PeterNurse1 5h
The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.

:laugh:

Ozkani28

Jan 31, 2012
Lahti
Forza Italia!! Oh and Netherlands (my second team) is not going past group stage with that defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad