FIFA / FM Thread

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I have been thinking about playing 5 at the back recently. What tactics do you use?

I suck at defending so I switched to this line up recently. I play on balanced or pressure after mistake. I have my wingbacks (Davies and Zambrotta) on overlap, so they are practically wingers. They are always open and dangerous. It usually takes a while for my opponent to figure that out. It’s an aggressive attacking tactic, even though you’ll play with 5 at the back.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
New team.png
@Ajacied has inspired me to try 5 at the back. I also want to start using some 'different teams', TOTS helps with that. Here is what I'm going to be testing this week, thoughts? Cantona and Soucek would switch in-game.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
View attachment 429621 @Ajacied has inspired me to try 5 at the back. I also want to start using some 'different teams', TOTS helps with that. Here is what I'm going to be testing this week, thoughts? Cantona and Soucek would switch in-game.

Very original!

Not sure which division you are in, but even with 3 CB’s you’ll need more pace unfortunately. You can also play with full backs as wingers, that’s what the pro’s and everyone in division 1 uses. I also advice replacing one of your mids with a more offensively creative player.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Very original!

Not sure which division you are in, but even with 3 CB’s you’ll need more pace unfortunately. You can also play with full backs as wingers, that’s what the pro’s and everyone in division 1 uses. I also advice replacing one of your mids with a more offensively creative player.
I used to be in Div 2, I'm now down in Div 4. Been trying to just have fun with divisions and then go competitive mode during WL.

Thouhgts on moving Moura over to Right striker, adding LF Neres to the left striker spot. Then Neres and Cantona switch in game.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gundogan from the Guaranteed PL TOTS pack. Not ideal but at least it wasn't a dupe. Cleared my Dupes out which is good.

Aaaaand just got Cancelo from a PL upgrade. Decent.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I put Soucek in the guaranteed Prem Tots, knowing I’d probably pack him anyway. Opened up a random objective pack first and got.. yes, untradeable Soucek. Opened the guaranteed Prem Tots pack and got, yes.. a Soucek dupe.

Hate this game with passion. Though I did just pack Neymar and Kante out of the player picks.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I got Fofana, links to my untradeable WIF Pereira.

So far I've gotten decent players all around. No real stinkers but no real winners.

EFL - Pukki
Saudi - Strandberg
EPL - Fofana

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How were the rewards people?

I got Romarihno and Ederson for my player picks. Could have been better, would have loved to get a PL winger/Mid. My packs weren't great, got Aguero and that's really all that is notable.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got Gundogan and Ederson in my picks, packed another tradeable Neymar and got one of the Saudi Tots. Other than that I didn't much of anything else. I'm satisfied with getting Ederson, but I was really hoping for one of the premier league defenders. Still don't know what team I'm going to run for this weekend.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
For Gold 3 I'm happy. Reds were Ederson and Soucek. Can't be unhappy with that at all.

Rivals rewards I got another untradeable Soucek... Popped the duplicate into one of the Zambrotta SBCs. I'm not sure if I'll finish him in 2 weeks, but I figured with all the high rated fodder coming, I'll probably do it.

Rodri was a brutal grind but I did it. Worked on the two Squad Battles objectives simultaneously...5 games left for Bamford.

To reduce my WL stress, I may use my non-main squad each week. I'll likely finish within a game or two of my normal rank anyways...and I won't have the frustration of hitting what I was "supposed" to hit. I think La Liga is tomorrow, so maybe that's what I'll roll with this weekend.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Okay, so I have been doing some FUTBIN experimenting this morning trying to build a better team. Attached below is the team I have been using the past couple of weeks, I built it based on my love for old Arsneal (Ozil and Podolski) and then filled it in with players I packed during FUT B-days. The only untouchable is Cantona, he scores 40 goals a weekend at the moment. How would you improve this squad? Also below is my team I think I'm going to use this weekend, and would definitely take some feedback on it. Team #2 would be a 4-2-2-2 in game. Fofana may quickly become Hierro.
Old team.png
Test.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad