FIFA Ballon d'Or 2015

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Erh, Neymar being in the top 3, surely means that ONCE again, the current form is overrated compared to yearly form.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Erh, Neymar being in the top 3, surely means that ONCE again, the current form is overrated compared to yearly form.

You are severely downgrading Neymar contribution. He was key for last year treble and he is the best player in the world since the start of the new season. You might not like him but he has all the rights to be included in the top 3.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You are severely downgrading Neymar contribution. He was key for last year treble and he is the best player in the world since the start of the new season. You might not like him but he has all the rights to be included in the top 3.

I don't like Suarez and Ronaldo and both had a better calendar year than Neymar.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I don't like Suarez and Ronaldo and both had a better calendar year than Neymar.

In 2015, Neymar has 45 Goals and 13 Assists in 57 games with Barcelona/Brazil.

Suarez has 43 G 22 A 56 GP with Barcelona. Still suspended internationally by FIFA due to that whole biting thing.

Ronaldo has 45 G 14 A 50 GP with Real Madrid/Portugal. Played every single minute of every single game for Real Madrid.

You need to give Neymar a little more credit Evilo. You need to bump him ahead of both guys due to him actually having an impact for his country as opposed to the other two. Ronaldo has pretty much pulled himself out of Portugal to rest.

Suarez has been superior to Ronaldo. What Neymar does for Brazil needs some more attention too. Messi/Ronaldo will break all the records for Barca/RM, that's cool. Neymar will undoubtedly end up with the most goals internationally ever. With a pretty ****** supporting cast too.

Pick on his flair and countless other stuff that may irk you, but Neymar comes to play.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, Neymar leads Brazil to... nowhere. Great ! Weakest brasilian team in history.

Neymar is extremely hot, but he's not among the top 3 players in the calendar year. That's not even counting Muller or Lewandowski who could have a word. Not even mentionning other positions because we all know strikers win it every year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Neymar has really come into his own, if he keeps it up I can easily see him taking it next year, this year though I think Messi is the safer bet

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sure, Neymar leads Brazil to... nowhere. Great ! Weakest brasilian team in history.

Neymar is extremely hot, but he's not among the top 3 players in the calendar year. That's not even counting Muller or Lewandowski who could have a word. Not even mentionning other positions because we all know strikers win it every year.

There are no other players or positions. It's either you sub in Suarez for Neymar or it's Neymar, simple as that. Neymar's had an excellent calendar year including the incredible season he's having at present. And while I've said it more than anyone, and quite frankly I've not seen anyone else really say it, his stats padded his performances last season to some extent, he did have some big matches including the CL Final where he performed very well.

And since we're on Neymar, that whole penalty business is something you're very likely reading too much into as well. IIRC you said at the time that he was trying to embarrass the keeper. Well while such a penalty could conceivably embarrass the keeper, though I don't know why since a penalty is just as difficult on such a shot as any other as there's only so much you can do, it can also embarrass the player taking the penalty. Anyway, the point I would make is that Neymar attempting such a shot likely has nothing to do with embarrassing the keeper and more with scoring a spectacular penalty. Neymar very clearly likes to entertain when he's on the pitch and I would say that was no different.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would put Suarez and Neymar ahead of Ronaldo and I don't dislike Ronaldo like a lot of people do.

My previous issues with Neymar aside (just his attitude and playacting) he has really blossomed into an incredible player, and with the young generation coming up for the Brazilians that are finally starting to shine (Neymar, Coutinho, Firmino, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Jorginho, Teixeira, etc.) assuming that the coaches and selections are not awful I could see them contending for WC 2018 with Neymar as their talisman.

Hell, if Neymar keeps up his current level of play I could see him win the Ballon d'Or as soon as next year.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I would put Suarez and Neymar ahead of Ronaldo and I don't dislike Ronaldo like a lot of people do.

My previous issues with Neymar aside (just his attitude and playacting) he has really blossomed into an incredible player, and with the young generation coming up for the Brazilians that are finally starting to shine (Neymar, Coutinho, Firmino, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Jorginho, Teixeira, etc.) assuming that the coaches and selections are not awful I could see them contending for WC 2018 with Neymar as their talisman.

Hell, if Neymar keeps up his current level of play I could see him win the Ballon d'Or as soon as next year.

I don't have faith in the defensive side of Brazil's midfield. They also lack a great out and out striker. Firmino has played well there for them, but its still a hole that could use a fill.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't have faith in the defensive side of Brazil's midfield. They also lack a great out and out striker. Firmino has played well there for them, but its still a hole that could use a fill.

There's a couple of players they could use but the coaching staff is ignorant and arrogant. Jorginho has really started to regain his form at Napoli (**** Rafa Benitez) under the new coach and there's a tackling monster in Brazil named Rodrigo Dourado that also plays a similar game although he's rather young. Then there are players like Lucas Leiva (Liverpool) who are experienced enough and can make good passes.

Brazil need to build a team, not s squad of stars, whenever they figure that out they'll get their **** together.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Agreed. If they set up like this I would say they can beat any team in the world:

Alves - Luiz - Silva - Marcelo
Jorginho - Lucas
Costa - Coutinho - Neymar
Firmino​

Lots of options for back-ups too. But alas, I've heard rumours about the corruption in their federation anyway, money talks. I don't think they're necessarily about winning right now.

Don't want to derail though!

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
BRB, gonna watch highlights of 1970 and 1982 Brazil

Det football

8a4f5383c45d3960a60c14445fe627e1.gif

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Isn't Jorginho going to play for Italy?

He said he wanted to play for Italy but they didn't call him up, and now apparently Brazil is very interested in him.

Could be one of those cases where one federation misses out because the other is willing to offer him time sooner or something (like Ziyech with Netherlands, unfortunately).

Anyway, not really for this topic. :o

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad