FIFA Ballon d'Or 2015

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Who takes it?

And who are the biggest shortlist snubs? Modric is a bad one for me

EDIT: Just noticed that there isn't a single defender on this shortlist (Mascherano maybe, depending on who you ask). Wacky.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Who takes it?

And who are the biggest shortlist snubs? Modric is a bad one for me

EDIT: Just noticed that there isn't a single defender on this shortlist (Mascherano maybe, depending on who you ask). Wacky.

Busquets not being nominated is the stupidest part.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Messi earned it this year. Just like Ronaldo did the year before.

I was pretty biased against Barcelona and Messi during the Pep years, but to me, it seems like Messi was playing the best football of his life last season. Some pretty memorable games and goals.

Ronaldo? Can't even think of one tbh.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Golden boy nominees...who's the favourite and what's the criteria best season or best player in the future?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/golden-boy-nominees-jordon-ibe-dele-alli

The list is a mess. It looks like they tried too hard to spread out the nominees from club to club rather than focusing on the true best players. Just looking at the Bundesliga players, I have no idea why Dahoud and especially Francisco Rodriguez have done to merit inclusion that Weigl and Kimmich haven't surpassed. Januzaj being there over Brandt, who should be one of the top favorites, is absurd to me.

I think it is supposed to be the current best player, not the player with the highest potential. Hard to say who will win it. Have they already done the complete voting? Coman could be a favorite based on exposure: playing well for one of the best clubs in Europe.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Halilovic? 2nd straight Player of the Month for Sporting Gijon, a side that's 12th in the table in La Liga after being promoted

Ofcourse Martial is another strong candidate

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Awful list indeed. Besides, you have to wonder why the premier league has the most players. This is not a league who's famous for developing youngsters really.
OTOH, France, Holland and Portugal have few players on the list (and not the good ones either).

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad