Confirmed with Link: Fiddler to Nashville for a 2017 4th round pick

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Great job, Shero. Now trade Kalinin for something better than future considerations. 4th round pick for a fourth line that has been awful is incredible, especially one as old as Fiddler.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great job, Shero. Now trade Kalinin for something better than future considerations. 4th round pick for a fourth line that has been awful is incredible, especially one as old as Fiddler.
This is right up there with being able to trade Krys Barch for literally anything before the 13-14 regular season started.

Though the Barch trade was much better, as it was with a year left and Barch was a terrible, terrible player. At least Fiddler could be a decent veteran leader for a team going into the playoffs.

This reminded me of Barch right away, as I remember we signed Barch right after the Panthers let him walk. Then the Panthers took him back.

I kept thinking we signed Fiddler from the Preds, then I remembered he was just with the Stars and hadn't played with the Preds for quite a few years.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Good move with JJ playing much better there was no room for Fiddler who in my opinion brought nothing. Oh, he was good on face-offs and that's it. Bye, bye.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Pierre Dagenais!

Anyway, Fiddler did the job that he was supposed to do for the majority of the time here. I know his point totals were way lower, but I never expected much offense out of him at his age with the revolving door of wingers that he would have. Shero is a hero for getting a 4th rounder out of the deal for him, that's for sure. I would've expected a late pick at the absolute best. I'm sure it pays to have a team who is familiar with Fiddler and his play/character to boot.

Good work all around.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Nice trade. Fiddler seems like a great guy but was not having a good season...I'm impressed Shero was able to get anything of value for him. But, then again we're talking about the guy who turned a cheap UFA signing in Stempniak, Eric Gelinas, and Stefan Matteau into three picks (2nd, 3rd, 4th) and DSP last year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hope Ray can get a 2nd or 3rd for PAP.

He can help a team with secondary scoring but he's a big liability in the D zone.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Hope Ray can get a 2nd or 3rd for PAP.

He can help a team with secondary scoring but he's a big liability in the D zone.

Parenteau's stocks are falling after the strong start to season, and it's probably difficult to get a 2nd or a 3rd for a fourth line player. And his "waiver status" complicates things so we won't necessarily get anything from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad