Recalled/Assigned: Ferraro in, Abby out. Maybe.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Ted Kulfan @tkulfan
Just in case the Red Wings called up Landon Ferraro from GR as Justin Abdelkader has lower body injury. They're not sure if Abby can play

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings
UPDATE: The #RedWings have called up Landon Ferraro from the @griffinshockey

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings call up forward Landon Ferraro from Grand Rapids on emergency basis in case Justin Abdelkader (lower body injury) can't play tomorrow.

Great, another injury. At least we'll get to see Ferraro play.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Holland is too obsessed with youth. Look at all these prospects playing instead of experienced veterans! :sarcasm:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Yeah. This is it. The Wings will finally miss the playoffs.

It'll be nice to have a high pick though. Hopefully we can be bad enough to end the season and land a top 10 pick.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Good luck to Ferraro. With the way we're going, we'll be fortunate if he makes it through the game in one piece.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Good luck to Ferraro. With the way we're going, we'll be fortunate if he makes it through the game in one piece.

Pretty much.

This season is disgusting. Something needs to happen with regards to our training/conditioning this season. These injuries are just out of hand now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Pretty much.

This season is disgusting. Something needs to happen with regards to our training/conditioning this season. These injuries are just out of hand now.

Yeah, when I saw "lower body injury" I immediately thought groin or hamstring. Something's not right, these guys aren't being prepared properly.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Pretty much.

There are a lot of reasons for the injuries - age, wear and tear, being the victims of dirty plays, possibly the trainers...

But one thing I haven't seen many people bring up is the team supervision of player training. Admittedly, I have no idea how hands-on teams are when it comes to training and I imagine that it varies from organization to organization, but part of me wonders if the Red Wings organization had gotten into the habit of being extremely hands-off when it comes to individual training because they've been packed with responsible veterans over the years. One has to wonder if the Red Wings have too much of a "do your own thing" policy when it comes to training that maybe needs to be overhauled during the off-season.

Anyway, just spitballing.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
At this point, I can only laugh at this team's misfortunes.

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
There are a lot of reasons for the injuries - age, wear and tear, being the victims of dirty plays, possibly the trainers...

But one thing I haven't seen many people bring up is the team supervision of player training. Admittedly, I have no idea how hands-on teams are when it comes to training and I imagine that it varies from organization to organization, but part of me wonders if the Red Wings organization had gotten into the habit of being extremely hands-off when it comes to individual training because they've been packed with responsible veterans over the years. One has to wonder if the Red Wings have too much of a "do your own thing" policy when it comes to training that maybe needs to be overhauled during the off-season.

Maybe a more structured, team-wide exercise regimen can be implemented as part of the next wave with the young guys coming up? One for forwards and one for defensemen?

On a side note, maybe Piet Van Zant and the rest of his team will resign after such an exhausting season. Whether they're at fault or not, they've had their work cut out for them this season.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe a more structured, team-wide exercise regimen can be implemented as part of the next wave with the young guys coming up? One for forwards and one for defensemen?

On a side note, maybe Piet Van Zant and the rest of his team will resign after such an exhausting season. Whether they're at fault or not, they've had their work cut out for them this season.

Think they get paid per man games lost? :laugh:

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Yeah. This is it. The Wings will finally miss the playoffs.

It'll be nice to have a high pick though. Hopefully we can be bad enough to end the season and land a top 10 pick.

So you think losing Abby is the straw that kills the season?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

The Darren Helm situation should have never happened. When a player hurts his back lifting weights the fault lies with the training staff.

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
On on side, I'm a little sad that it's looking quite likely that we're going to end our playoff streak. On another, it will probably be quite interesting seeing what we can do with a better draft position, as well as Holland making some big potential moves so we can be better for next season.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I hate the twitter post but whatever I cannot help it, #canthevan!

Hopefully Gator is good to go and Landon takes Tootoo's spot.

Tootoo could real solid against Chicago. I think I'd rather him in than Pulkkinen at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad